• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Creation

NuclearWookiee

First Post
Figured I'd start a thread about character creation specifics. My first question is what are we doing for stats in this game? Will you be giving us an array of attribute scores to use? Are we just rolling? Need one stat below 10? Etc, etc.

The_Universe

First Post
NuclearWookiee said:
Figured I'd start a thread about character creation specifics. My first question is what are we doing for stats in this game? Will you be giving us an array of attribute scores to use? Are we just rolling? Need one stat below 10? Etc, etc.
We'll all roll 4d6 10 times, dropping the lowest die. This time, you won't have to have a stat below 10, but I will once again require everyone to choose a flaw, a la Unearthed Arcana. Stats will be subject to DM approval. In the unlikely event that someone gets all 18's (or some other ridiculously high stat set), I'm sorry to say that I'm going to make you re-roll. However, the same standard is true if you roll all 3's (or some other pathetic set of stats).

Attaching the d20 Modern Character Creation rules - a lot of it doesn't apply, but a lot of it does (or at least, that's what I assume).

Attachments

• Char Creation.pdf
    42.4 KB · Views: 368

The_Universe

First Post
The classes in the PHB are all available for characters, though I don't recommend taking Druid. If someone REALLY wants to play one, I'll make it work, but if none of the PCs are Druids, it's entirely possible that Druids will simply not exist (at least not in the known world).

If you're interested in playing an alternate base class, such as the ones that appear in the Complete Warrior/Divine/Arcane/Adventurer series, I'll take that into consideration, but I make no guarantees. Anything not in the three core rulebooks is by DM approval, only (but I'm usually pretty lenient)!

The_Universe

First Post
Another one that I have stated aloud, but have not put here:

All characters must be Good. Whether you're chaotic, neutral, or lawful is up to you. I expect heroes, not anti-heroes, villains, or outsiders-forced-to-do-good-by-circumstance.

NuclearWookiee

First Post
Hey Kennon, I was looking over the weapons after our discussion the other night and noticed that the halberd is actually the only polearm in there that isn't a reach weapon.

The_Universe

First Post
NuclearWookiee said:
Hey Kennon, I was looking over the weapons after our discussion the other night and noticed that the halberd is actually the only polearm in there that isn't a reach weapon.
That, then, will require some adjustment. Maybe I'll just go with something obvious and say that Aryal's favored weapon is the sword. Let me look at my options and get back to you.

Remove ads