Character Death

Fyrestryke

Explorer
I'm not by any means trying to dissuade the use of another system, I'm just posting information. For d20, there's a wonderful book written by Steve Creech (and someone else I think, but I can't find the book right now) and published by Bastion Press called Critical Hits: Torn Asunder. It provides options for just what Odovacar proposed for any game (d20).

Odovacar's Ghost

First Post
Fyrestryke said:
I'm not by any means trying to dissuade the use of another system, I'm just posting information. For d20, there's a wonderful book written by Steve Creech (and someone else I think, but I can't find the book right now) and published by Bastion Press called Critical Hits: Torn Asunder. It provides options for just what Odovacar proposed for any game (d20).

Bah! Old news! I own this book, and have lent this book to Vince!

deoto

First Post
I think Grim is right. All the systems in the world mean nothing with out a good dm. It is something learned and found through playing. I understand free thinking. I have played in many systems including role master, original cyber-punk to Gurps and white wolf. In all these games there is the element of death. Dieing can make you a better player. If you never died you would not have seen Gaspar or any of the original inzeladun characters. They came from learning and evolution of dead characters. Your Idea to think out of the box is what I as a player have done since the beginning. I think we need to use or skills and what we have more skillfully and uniquely. To many time everyone looks in the book and takes it too literally. Break out of the box. Like Gaspar and the gate where the creature dropped through it. There is always more than one way to use somthing..Ie a skill or spell. I believe in what Craig said about being weakened. We need a massive damage scale or a temporary negative number to reflect being hurt. I want to dm a cyberpunk game soon. If anyone wants to play let me know. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads