• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character gen for Star Wars d20 revised?

Welverin

First Post
Re: Re: Character gen for Star Wars d20 revised?

kingpaul said:

IANAL, but, IMO, that's not good. Not only is d20 SW NOT open, its also include IP of LucasFilm. Did this gentleman get permission from both WotC and LF to distribute this file?

Oh, no! The sky is falling, run for lives!

kingpaul

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Character gen for Star Wars d20 revised?

Welverin said:
Oh, no! The sky is falling, run for lives!
And how would you feel if someone were distributing your copyrighted material without your permission?

Welverin

First Post
Having actually looked at it I have to ask what your problem with it is?

This isn't a case where some one scanned a rulebook, copied a novel or put up one of the movies. It's a spread sheet to help players of the game.

If this is all someone did I wouldn't give a damn (it's little more than a suped up character sheet), the worst offense it makes is having a copy of the sheet from the back of the book in it (you know the one that says you can photocopy for pesonal use). Otherwise it's little different from a thousand other similar things for numerous RPG's floating around the net that no company has bother to do away with, well other than TSR when they were still around and didn't want anything related to D&D online unless they put it there.

Oops, meant to add this:
the Quick and Easy rules zip on the site might be another case entirely. I didn't download it being a native English speaker and knowing no German, but if it's what I suspect then it shouldn't be there.

Last edited:

Remove ads