• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Plans

Xath

Moder-gator
I thought I'd start this thread so that we could put up ideas for where we want our characters to go in the last leg of the campaign. I'll start with Xath, though much of this is equipment based:

I want to transition Xath from melee back to ranged. This means she'll probably trade in her dagger for or purchase a new (+3) Composite Longbow, enchanted with at least frost. This way she can hang back with L'Aurel. When things come to close to the archers, she can switch over to melee, allowing L'Aurel to not get clobbered as badly by melee attackers. Xath has a high enough AC to cover it, and if she get's between L'Aurel and the baddies, L'Aurel won't take the Attacks of Opportunity.

Also I eventually plan to switch her out of armor and over to one of these:

Robe of the Archmagi: This normal-appearing garment can be white (01–45 on d%, good alignment), gray (46–75, neither good nor evil alignment), or black (76–100, evil alignment). Its wearer, if an arcane spellcaster, gains the following powers.

+5 armor bonus to AC.
Spell resistance 18.
+4 resistance bonus on all saving throws.
+2 enhancement bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance.
If a white robe is donned by an evil character, she immediately gains three negative levels. The reverse is true with respect to a black robe donned by a good character. An evil or good character who puts on a gray robe, or a neutral character who dons either a white or black robe, gains two negative levels. While these negative levels never result in lost levels, they remain as long as the garment is worn and cannot be overcome in any way (including restoration spells).

Strong varied; CL 14th; Craft Wondrous Item, antimagic field, mage armor or shield of faith, creator must be of same alignment as robe; Price 75,000 gp;Weight 1 lb.

She'll take a -3 penalty to AC, putting her at a 36/38, instead of a 39/41. But the bonuses to her saves may prevent her from being rendered quite as useless in many combat situations. Also, the white will go with her color scheme. ;)

Xath will still be as effective bardically from a ranged perspective, and her new ability will allow her to provide the bonuses of 2 songs at the same time. Also, with her in ranged, we won't have to push and shove each other around the baddies like we have been recently.

What do you think?

Laurel

First Post
Xath said:
and if she get's between L'Aurel and the baddies, L'Aurel won't take the Attacks of Opportunity.
Sounds cool over all, just as an FYI though: L'Aurel no longer takes AoO for ranged attacks as of a level ago :) Also since she now has this it was my plan to start having her in front of Jansten, since he's a ranged spell caster but takes AoO.

Having someone who can switch is great. Xath and Jansten are really the only ones who can, and still be effective, so anythign to help that is even better.

Love the robe :) are you not getting it currently due to money or other reasons?

What's her color scheme? I thought it was just blue, but it's been awhile since I've heard a description of everyone's look.

Xath

Moder-gator
Money mostly. We'll see how the treasure split goes after this battle. I just wanted to let people know my plans for Xath just to make sure I won't be stepping on any toes.

Justice doesn't really have any character altering plans in the future... she is going to continue with her PrC and has no plans for any major equipment purcahses (maybe something to boost her AC a little bit, but even that is questionable).

Over the montage, many of you would have noticed that she seems to have come to terms with her mother... assuming that she is no longer alive. However, she knows her father is alive and often struggles to determine what would happen if they met face to face... anyone that has slept near her knows she has dreams and nightmares surrounding Darkson... would she want to kill him? question him? capture him? fight for his redeption?

Despite much trying on her behalf (and mine as well) I don't know how Justice will react when it comes time for them to meet...

Laurel

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Justice doesn't really have any character altering plans in the future... she is going to continue with her PrC and has no plans for any major equipment purcahses (maybe something to boost her AC a little bit, but even that is questionable).

Over the montage, many of you would have noticed that she seems to have come to terms with her mother... assuming that she is no longer alive. However, she knows her father is alive and often struggles to determine what would happen if they met face to face... anyone that has slept near her knows she has dreams and nightmares surrounding Darkson... would she want to kill him? question him? capture him? fight for his redeption?

Despite much trying on her behalf (and mine as well) I don't know how Justice will react when it comes time for them to meet...
So IC everyone knows about Darkson now?

Except for Jansten... and I don't know whether or not he knows... we've never talked, really.

However - it's not a secret, by any means. Just a matter of whether or not it has come up any time between when he came and and now... and if it has - he knows - if it hasn't, she's not actively keeping it from him.

Laurel

First Post
L'Aurel is going to continue her efforts to become a feared and renown mounted archer (been my goal since level 6 or so). So far she has the archer part down :)

Ohtar just got his first feat, so that will help and I can now change his size so he is more transportable. Though this would mean an extra one for those teleports, so we would be back to using two charges for each jump.... which may cause issues/problems as it may seem worth the magic..... thoughts?

After the last one-on-one she realizes she has to be prepared to always fight completely on her own (no more depending soely on the circle or others), since having lost that first grapple check she as doomed :) --having said that though I still really, really liked it and loved the change up from our normal mass attack--

So Ohtar is truly her companion now, and it may cause issues but be prepared to see him more and more combat included -unless someone has issues?..... :)

No big equipment fun for her, except for a minor increase on Nightgroves blades (and lots of gifting). Needing something other then the bow, she practices with Nightgroves blades erilly reminding those who knew her of the old Selura.

And I am going to try and not add another class to her list so Arhconus can have that trophy :)

Xath

Moder-gator
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:

I think alot will depend on whether or not he's walked the shadowpath.

Remove ads