• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Plans

Xath

Moder-gator
Xath would also like to make it perfectly clear that if she's ever turned by the shadowpath, the circle is to kill her. She doesn't think that pathed people can be redeemed in life, and would rather not do any damage while others waste time trying.

Xath

Moder-gator
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Yes, indeed, it will... which is a good question about the shadowpath... what happens if you forsake it?

I don't think you can. It's not like those little stone chippies. I think it actually twists your soul.

Laurel

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Except for Jansten... and I don't know whether or not he knows... we've never talked, really.
However - it's not a secret, by any means. Just a matter of whether or not it has come up any time between when he came and and now... and if it has - he knows - if it hasn't, she's not actively keeping it from him.
Then consider Jansten at least by this latest battle in KOA as having had it brought up as a topic for Justice to the speak about it somehow by someone. If no one else then L'aurel, and by this point consider Jansten in the know for most everything in the circles past... if L'Aurel knows she has most likely talked to him about it. I won't say everything, since that would take years of them being together and he gets to learn some stuff on his own. But consider the big and even simply significant or partially significant stuff known by Jansten.

Laurel

First Post
Xath said:
I don't think you can. It's not like those little stone chippies. I think it actually twists your soul.
Um.... so far as Kennon has told me for all looks and purposes L'Aurel is simply one that walked the shadow path. Granted there is not much known about the shadow path, so she may not be but she very likely might be.

If Xath wants to make this statment can we do it IC cause there are some repercussions that may be fun to watch- like not sure how Archonus would handle it :)

Archon

First Post
Archonus wants to live the quiet life with his soon to be wife and his child. Unfortunately the world is at war, which means he'll have to do what he can when he can to raise his daughter and love his wife.
Until that glad day when Tain and his dark legions are defeated Archonus will keep doing what he does best. Fight.
He'll fight, he'll train and as of late he'll lead until there is no one left if thats what it comes down to. As sick of battle as he is, as much pain as he's suffered and dealt he remains fiercly loyal to the queen, to the Circle and to the cause. Everyone knows to what lengths Archonus will go to win the day, but the prices are only getting steeper.
Anyway, as far as gear goes, Archonus doesn't really need anything besides any magical equipment the baby might need (like an extra pair of ring gates or something.
And for the last leg of the campaign you will see Archonus taking up more of a leadership role(feat- Leadership).

The soul housed in L'Aurel's body is different, though... it changes the body, but I think that the shadowpath may, in fact, twist your soul... however, I don't know... Justice may not think that...

Xath

Moder-gator
Right, but the soul is different. Selura's soul was twisted into something evil. L'Aurel's never actually walked the path.

Xath and Archon have already talked about it IC (in a convo which I am trying to sum up) and he said he'd kill her right away. So I don't think that is an issue at least.

I suppose I look at the shadowpath transformation as something akin to the transfer from Humans to Vampires in the Whedonverse. You have the same memories and base personality. But you're undeniably evil and soulless. Except in the Kennonverse, I dont think there's a way to get your original soul back without dying.

Xath

Moder-gator
Archon said:
Archonus wants to live the quiet life with his soon to be wife and his child. Unfortunately the world is at war, which means he'll have to do what he can when he can to raise his daughter and love his wife.
Until that glad day when Tain and his dark legions are defeated Archonus will keep doing what he does best. Fight.
He'll fight, he'll train and as of late he'll lead until there is no one left if thats what it comes down to. As sick of battle as he is, as much pain as he's suffered and dealt he remains fiercly loyal to the queen, to the Circle and to the cause. Everyone knows to what lengths Archonus will go to win the day, but the prices are only getting steeper.
Anyway, as far as gear goes, Archonus doesn't really need anything besides any magical equipment the baby might need (like an extra pair of ring gates or something.
And for the last leg of the campaign you will see Archonus taking up more of a leadership role(feat- Leadership).

Well that's....depressing. I think that the General Arendorr look is good for Archon. He's been much less broody and secretive, and much closer to the circle. Watching him take on the leadership role which he tried to stave off for so long will certainly be interesting. :) I look forward to it.

The_Universe

First Post
Xath said:
Right, but the soul is different. Selura's soul was twisted into something evil. L'Aurel's never actually walked the path.

Xath and Archon have already talked about it IC (in a convo which I am trying to sum up) and he said he'd kill her right away. So I don't think that is an issue at least.

I suppose I look at the shadowpath transformation as something akin to the transfer from Humans to Vampires in the Whedonverse. You have the same memories and base personality. But you're undeniably evil and soulless. Except in the Kennonverse, I dont think there's a way to get your original soul back without dying.
That's an interesting guess.

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
Um.... so far as Kennon has told me for all looks and purposes L'Aurel is simply one that walked the shadow path. Granted there is not much known about the shadow path, so she may not be but she very likely might be.

If Xath wants to make this statment can we do it IC cause there are some repercussions that may be fun to watch- like not sure how Archonus would handle it :)
L'Aurel is fine. her soul cannot be twisted as her new body has.

Remove ads