Character Sheet Archive

brehobit

Explorer
mattcolville : Don't applaud my "certain things left to the user" bit quite yet; I'm not done hooking up everything. The hitpoints thing is a bug on my end (I was including level one into the per-level HP gains). This has been fixed in the next version, which I'm putting off from releasing until I have a bit more done, like hooking up class features and feats automatically when you select your class. I haven't considered printing of power cards; perhaps for the "after a complete version 1" idea list.

catsclaw227 : right, racial ability bonuses don't interfere with your ability textboxes but are taken into account when calculating the ability modifier. This is to allow you to play with the textboxes without worrying about whether or not the value includes the racial bonuses. I also don't like the idea of having what I type into a box overwritten by the form - it'll eventually (if not quickly) lead to both confusion and problems.

I would have replied sooner if the immediate e-mail notification was working.
Comments:
How do you print the sheet out?
And yes, having the powercards print too would be very helpful.
I don't like the way you are doing racial stats (modifier only) as it seems confusing. But that's me.

Thanks!

Pfhoenix

First Post
Comments:
How do you print the sheet out?
And yes, having the powercards print too would be very helpful.
I don't like the way you are doing racial stats (modifier only) as it seems confusing. But that's me.

Thanks!

Printing is really simple - either the standard Control-P keyboard shortcut or the menu, File->Print. I'll have to think about power card printing later on. I made the decision to handle racial stats based on wanting to keep pristine the user-entered stat values. It's not a decision set in stone, but I'd have to hear a better idea before I change it.

heratyk

First Post
Excel 4e character sheet

Here's my version of a 4th edition character sheet. Let me know how you like it.

http://members.cox.net/cyberdungeon/dnd4_cs2008.xls

Features:
calculates ability costs for point buy
figures bonuses and features for all races from PHB & MM
calculates hit points, defenses, initiative, speed, skills,
and number of feats & powers for class & level.
calculates basic attacks for all weapons, implements,
eldrich blast & magic missile
makes julian fries!

Goken100

First Post
Is there a monster template anywhere? I'd like to create/replicate monsters easily and be able to have them format like the MM monsters.

I second that. We've got a metric ton of character sheets, but no monster sheets. I need to whip up a bunch of NPC's and I don't need completely statted out characters.

Pfhoenix

First Post
I second that. We've got a metric ton of character sheets, but no monster sheets. I need to whip up a bunch of NPC's and I don't need completely statted out characters.

I finished reading my DMG today. My first thought was "What a pain to have to templatize NPCs by hand." Perhaps I'll look at throwing in NPC/monster templates and such into my character sheet, or just branch the source to a new project specifically for quickly creating NPCs/monsters.

Midniteshadow97

First Post
Hey Pfhoenix,

First off I'll have to say that I LOVE your design and layout. I downloaded your newest sheet off of your site and played with it a bit today. I did notice one possible error that made me have to go elsewhere for the moment.

I created a 1st level Dragonborn Paladin and it for some reason put the racial bonus into Int instead of Str (the Cha bonus was correct though). Is this an error or am I missing something (wouldn't be the first time). Awesome program though!!

Pfhoenix

First Post
I created a 1st level Dragonborn Paladin and it for some reason put the racial bonus into Int instead of Str (the Cha bonus was correct though). Is this an error or am I missing something (wouldn't be the first time). Awesome program though!!

Thanks for the catch; it's fixed for the next version, which I anticipate finally being ready in the next few days. I'm working on class feature handling and selection right now. If it's done early, I might squeeze in a few usability tweaks prior to release.

Brujah660

First Post
Have any of you tried the character sheets from Myth-Weavers? They have loads of auto-filling features (More than just level. It adds armor, speed, attributes ... pretty much anything) and can be accessed from any computer that has internet. Mind you, you have to sign up, but it's free, and Myth-Weavers is really a great community.
The Myth-Weavers Site:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/
(Character sheets are in the RPG Tools section)
Nice character sheets, all. Keep up the good work!

Remove ads