Character Sheet Archive

mattcolville

Adventurer
mattcolville : Don't applaud my "certain things left to the user" bit quite yet; I'm not done hooking up everything. The hitpoints thing is a bug on my end (I was including level one into the per-level HP gains). This has been fixed in the next version, which I'm putting off from releasing until I have a bit more done, like hooking up class features and feats automatically when you select your class. I haven't considered printing of power cards; perhaps for the "after a complete version 1" idea list.

catsclaw227 : right, racial ability bonuses don't interfere with your ability textboxes but are taken into account when calculating the ability modifier. This is to allow you to play with the textboxes without worrying about whether or not the value includes the racial bonuses. I also don't like the idea of having what I type into a box overwritten by the form - it'll eventually (if not quickly) lead to both confusion and problems.

I would have replied sooner if the immediate e-mail notification was working.

You get that thing finished and working and I'd shell out money for it.

Meanwhile, I'm working on my own Filemaker Pro solution.

SlyFlourish

SlyFlourish.com
Supporter
Emaas Power Sheet Generator

The power sheet generator on Ema's site is really good. You can select which powers you picked and then generate the sheet with only the powers you choose. It has all the power info right in it.

raineym

Explorer
Character Folio and Reference Sheets

I have created a few sheets for 4th Edition, including a Character Sheet, aka Folio, and some reference sheets for use during the game.

If anyone wants to take them for a spin, go ahead. I am temporarily hosting them at MediaFire until I can get my own website back up and running to host them permanently (it's been over three years now, but I still have the domain name).

DnD 4e Sheets

mechascorpio

First Post
Wow, raineym, these are REALLY nice! This is possibly the best single integrated set of DM and PC tools I've seen yet! Clean, elegant, very useful. Just about the perfect package to print off and take to a new game!

Essobie

First Post
This thread isn't updated all that often so mine isn't listed in the OP, but mine listed here doesn't do any autocalculation except for Defenses and Skill Bonuses. WAIT! Before you run off: It only calculates based on what you actually type in right there next to the Defense or Skill in question.

In other words, it doesn't rely on fancy lookup tables or scripting to calculate what your Perception is going to be when you are an Elf, level 23, and wearing chainmail. It'll only calculate Perception based on what numbers you populate to the right of Perception.

I too hate the vast majority of auto-calculating character sheets because 1) the end users probably won't be able to tell there's an error unless they do a sheet manually on their own in the first place and 2) there are ALWAYS ERRORS. See every thread about an auto-calculating form/spreadsheet on this forum.

They save no time for such an easy to understand character creation process. I only put the smallest amount of autocalculation in mine because there was no reason not to in those two cases. Everything else you populate by hand.

</rant>

Also, please update the OP!

dark666105

First Post
Pfhoenix, I applaud your efforts because I think they're the most likely to result in the kind of e-sheet solution I've been looking for. What you've got here is awful nice. I like the fact that you've deliberately picked your battles about what to calculate and what to leave user-defined. I've long felt that many sheets go too far in one or the other direction.

It seems evident to me that you could do a printout for power cards and even calculated weapon damage, so I'm going to assume that if you're not doing that its for legal reasons, and therefore I won't bug you about it. :D

As usual, at this stage in my experience with the game, every time an e-sheet does something weird, I can't tell if the sheet is wrong, or my knowledge of the rules is suspect. In this instance, it's my ranger's hit points.

My 2nd level Ranger with a 12 CON has 29 hp by my reckoning and 34 by your sheet's calculation. I'd love my calculation to be wrong.

As far as I can tell, it's 12 for Ranger + 12 from Con + 5 from 2nd level.

That's 29. Whence comes the extra 5 hp?

rangers with the two weapon fighting style get the toughness feat as part of the class.

Arbanax

First Post
Pheonix why can't I access the character sheet on your web site I get a picture of it the news and other stuff but otherwise nothing.

I've used IE 6 and Firefox 3?

EDIT DOH! its a download not web based - got it now. Still early over here.

Ab

Last edited:

Essobie

First Post
I have created a few sheets for 4th Edition, including a Character Sheet, aka Folio, and some reference sheets for use during the game.

If anyone wants to take them for a spin, go ahead. I am temporarily hosting them at MediaFire until I can get my own website back up and running to host them permanently (it's been over three years now, but I still have the domain name).

DnD 4e Sheets

Great looking stuff. I recommended your Combat Info sheet someone on another forum. They like it a lot, but pointed out that you have Total Defense listed as Move Action (should be Standard Action).

Remove ads