Character Sheet updated and released

ruster_88

First Post
Cool - Content Modules

Wow, I didn't know you were working on content modules. That's awesome! Being able to add the new DND content I want as I need it will be awesome. Can't wait till next release, hope it is coming soon:) Quick question do you have the attack and damage fields working? It is hard to use the sheet without them if not maybe just unlock the fields so we can put the number in ourselves until it gets working? Thanks

Pfhoenix

First Post
I am working on content module support right now, but unfortunately the next release isn't ready yet (even when content module support is in a sufficient state for public use). I still have more to do with equipment before I have the next release ready, and there is much testing and documenting required for the content modules (and format) prior to release.

Pfhoenix

First Post
It's been a while, I know, but I'm working on making the next release more than just something incremental.

To that end, I'm formally asking for help for something specific. Since I'm working on content module support right now, I need quite a bit with that tested. This means not just creating content, but testing content conflicts in various ways and how that affects the character sheet overall. Documenting the module file format, to include options for the different objects and their properties, is a part of this as well. It will be tedious. It will involve a lot of communication. It will be a lot of work, and most likely not be very fun. It is necessary to ensure good working behavior, however.

If you're interested in seeing the next version of Character Sheet (because I won't release it half-assed), and have the time and desire to help as such, I would much appreciate it. Be warned - I don't have much patience for offers of help that end up disappearing when the work gets started, so if you aren't serious in wanting to help, or really don't have the free time, there's no shame in not offering. Those that are serious and do have the time, by all means e-mail me (or even reply here or PM me your e-mail address), so that further communication on this can go off-forum.

As a final motivator - work on this will go directly towards getting the next version of Character Sheet releasable and fully supporting external content modules so that people can add their own content to be used within the program.

Remove ads