Character Submission Thread

grtrtle

First Post
And it is a cruel fate upon Wilmorn that, amongst the new adventurers seeking work, Siddhartha could easily take the role as the face of the party. If you'll excuse me, Wilmorn is going to go cry in the corner for a while...

jkason

First Post
Hmm, three people I haven't gamed with yet; I wouldn't mind getting in on that action... You all have a Fighter, Ranger, and Magus in waiting at the moment. Maybe I can get a PC together; been wanting to try the new shaman. Need a DM, though.

I ... might have an idea for newbies that dovetails into what I'm trying to work up for one of the two 6th level groups. I may massively regret trying to run two games at once, but if one of them's 1st level, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Aura

Explorer
As a preliminary how's this? Erin Vaneese That tiefling charisma penalty hurts, but as an abused slave I assume she'd be withdrawn and kind of meek.

I'm going to raise a bit of caution about buying down Cha fully on a race with a -2 penalty to the stat, even for the mentioned reason. You've produced the lowest possible stat in LPF, and this doesn't seem to match the mental image you're thinking you're getting. It's more 'almost fully withdrawn and irritatingly meek.' Please keep in mind those invisible Diplomacy / Bluff / etc rolls DMs make for a player are all at -3. Don't be surprised when even ordinary statements are viewed with suspicion or even hostility, because you say them in a completely off-putting way or with similarly sabotaging body language.

The above may be exactly what you are looking for, but I'd be remiss if I didn't at least mention the potential ramifications. It's worth noting having such high primary stats (2 x 18's) is not really needed for survival, to be honest.

Anyway, I don't see any major complications with the rest of the character. Seems pretty solid and the artwork is appropriate. When you have the spells done, etc, let us know we can start with the approval process. There is plenty of time to work with.

Anastrace

First Post
I'm going to raise a bit of caution about buying down Cha fully on a race with a -2 penalty to the stat, even for the mentioned reason. You've produced the lowest possible stat in LPF, and this doesn't seem to match the mental image you're thinking you're getting. It's more 'almost fully withdrawn and irritatingly meek.' Please keep in mind those invisible Diplomacy / Bluff / etc rolls DMs make for a player are all at -3. Don't be surprised when even ordinary statements are viewed with suspicion or even hostility, because you say them in a completely off-putting way or with similarly sabotaging body language.

The above may be exactly what you are looking for, but I'd be remiss if I didn't at least mention the potential ramifications. It's worth noting having such high primary stats (2 x 18's) is not really needed for survival, to be honest.

Anyway, I don't see any major complications with the rest of the character. Seems pretty solid and the artwork is appropriate. When you have the spells done, etc, let us know we can start with the approval process. There is plenty of time to work with.

Well, despite the fact they get a bonus to bluff, I also imagine it's like she has kind of an aura around her of babies cry, animals hiss, run. Tieflings are unnatural and that was part of it too. One minor thing was I had originally put an 8 in Charisma and then it was down to a 6 and so I just said eh, what's one more. Bring on the thrown bottles, and first priority targeting. :p

I do have a different arrangement as a backup in case that was a problem, which put 12 18 10 18 8 8. I just lowered the wisdom point buy by 1, the strength by 2, and that let me raise the charisma to a natural 10, modified to an 8. I'd modify her personality a little bit to reflect that, but I'd still keep that whole unnatural aura thing because I still think tieflings are bizarre. :)

Last edited:

Anastrace

First Post
So I went ahead and did spells and redid her attributes to that secondary spread. I had to redo gear, skills, and fine tune her personality a bit to reflect the changes but I think I'm onto to something here. So second pass for evaluation. Erin Vaneese, Round 2

Split the Hoard

Split the Hoard
Negotiate, demand, or steal the loot you desire!

A competitive card game for 2-5 players
Remove ads