Character Submission Thread

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Two choices remain!
18 18 8 7 16 7
18 18 10 7 12 12

Current plan is to keep the STR and DEX at 18. The +5's of the 20s would have been astounding though!

I am fine with CON being at 8 or 10 to reflect the starvation and malnutrition of his childhood life of slavery. Sometimes I like to think of CON like your immune system. And plus, if I can kill things before they get too close, I still get a +5 to attack with a melee. The composite longbow will certainly help in the future.

INT is going to be 7, and there is nothing I can do about that. He had no formal education. His advanced mathematical, logical reasoning ability is stunted.

WIS can only be 12 or 16. He had to get by on something, either simple common sense or instinct. The +3 to Will and Perception is nice.

CHA will either be 7 or 12. Either he has a little bit of natural charm, or his personality was too beaten back by a life of slavery.

The 18 18 8 7 16 7 choice is nice because of the +3 to Will and Perception, but the -1 HP kind of sucks. I'm not worried about Fort too much as a fighter.

The 18 18 10 7 12 12 is nice because the only negative is the INT, but the Wis doesn't seem to be where I want, although I wouldn't mind the extra HP.

For further thought, this character is very loosely inspired by the character in the book Siddhartha, for those who have read it. (Who probably would have had a 20 in WIS!) I intend to play this guy by living by his motto. "All things can be solved by thinking, waiting, and fasting." More of the simplest kind of simpleton, not a garish, brutish, imbecile.

Side question, if I take weapon focus longbow as a feat, does that apply to a composite one as well?

Any other input?

Anastrace

First Post
As a preliminary how's this? Erin Vaneese That tiefling charisma penalty hurts, but as an abused slave I assume she'd be withdrawn and kind of meek. Plus she's used to be people not exactly liking tieflings. How'd I do mechanically? This is the first spellcaster I've made since 2e. Totally skipped playing any in 3e. Unless you count psions. I still need to do my meager spells and what not.

grtrtle

First Post
"All things can be solved by thinking, waiting, and fasting." More of the simplest kind of simpleton, not a garish, brutish, imbecile.

Ignoring the mechanical benefits for a moment, when I read the quote, my first impression is more about someone capable of thinking through things than someone who "senses" things are right. If this is all I knew, I probably would've taken INT to live the quote, focusing on lessons learned through experience rather than through education (intelligence in the form of reasoning and creative thinking to solve problems, and not academic knowledge). I am intrigued (but not sure I have time to read a book right now). Can you tell me a bit more about Siddhartha, like a cliff's note to a cliff's note version of it? You are making me wish we could get one or two more level 1-2's and go traveling together!

FrancisJohn

Explorer
The book is my favorite one that I have ever read. For what its worth, its only about 150 pages.... not a giant novel. It is a fictional story about an Indian dude who is on a personal quest to figure life out, and he meets the Buddha along the way. If I tell you any more than that, it would defeat the purpose of reading it yourself. (I promise that wasn't meant to sound snarky!) If I was an English teacher it would be required reading.

GlassEye

Adventurer
You are making me wish we could get one or two more level 1-2's and go traveling together!

Hmm, three people I haven't gamed with yet; I wouldn't mind getting in on that action... You all have a Fighter, Ranger, and Magus in waiting at the moment. Maybe I can get a PC together; been wanting to try the new shaman. Need a DM, though.

Remove ads