Character Submission Thread

Aura

Explorer
Reviewing Erin Vaneese

Overview: I like the overall character. (I like her even more with Cha 8. :) ) Working through it starts becoming apparent where the design is going. There are very few mechanical issues with this character, and none that get in the way of approval. The background story is a little disturbing but not overly so.

Edits: I made some changes along the way.
- I removed the total values for untrained skills that would not be usable. This was done because GMs are largely used to the convention.
- I totaled up her gold and ended up getting one gp less in expenditures, and then refunded the spare gp.
- I clarified she was working on her arcane pool with her FC bonus by noting it had been taken 1x. If this is not the case, feel free to note otherwise (it seemed a reasonable conclusion.)
- I went OCD and made minor formatting edits and clarifications:[sblock=Disclosure]Added parentheses around misc bonuses in Skills section, added her name/class/level/artwork to the adventures page, moved her to the DWI, removed references to Class 1 and added Magus, cleaned up some columns, added accounting in finances, noted effect of MW backpack[/sblock]
A couple things you'll want to do:
- Meld together the descriptions of Canny Defense from Magus and Duelist and put the new text in place of the old. The current version doesn't really say more than 'go look it up'.
- Her icon in the adventures page may not look so good. If you want, you can make a cropped version of her character artwork (say just head and shoulders) and put that in. I say this because this is what I'm considering for Charity.

Anyway, all is good here. Erin has her first (and Judge) APPROVAL. One more and she'll be ready for play.

Anastrace

First Post
I went ahead and added the Canny Defense ability from the Duelist, and changed all the he/his to her because that annoyed me. lol I also made that cropped icon as well in case I need it. Anything else I might need?

Thanks for the assistance! ^.^

Anastrace

First Post
I just noticed that I don't have any trail rations. Is that ok, or should I go ahead and get some and arrange inventory to get that done. I just need one more approval right?

Aura

Explorer
Anastrace,

Ya, I noted you had cooking supplies but nothing to cook. I was going to mention something, but the comment got lost in the midst of everything else. Feel free to mod you gear list as you feel necessary. And yes, forage food (assuming good survival skill and a bit of luck) is available, although it cuts into overland speed.

Anastrace

First Post
I swapped out the survival kit for 5 days of rations, and updated the money and weight values accordingly. I think I'm all finished. Now I'm set to cook for people, or if people forage I can cook something better than jerky and hardtack. :)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I swapped out the survival kit for 5 days of rations, and updated the money and weight values accordingly. I think I'm all finished. Now I'm set to cook for people, or if people forage I can cook something better than jerky and hardtack. :)
Look up Lem the cook! His player has been playing cook for many players.

Remove ads