Character Submission Thread

MerryMortician

Explorer
Do you have any idea how Autumn became a Druid? Or is it just a loose "raised by elves so..." in your mind for now? It's a lot of fun to have the character reveal herself to you through play but I find in f2f games that if the player creates a firm reason for entering the class, it can be enough to set certain morals or priorities upon which to base initial roleplay. This way there is less question in those first interpersonal scenes regarding what your character would think or say about the conflict that leads to adventure.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
I have two ideas I'm toying with.

1- her human parents abandoned her because they didn't want to deal with a magical baby. So she was born that way and her elven parents helped to harness the power and train right.

2- her elven parents were Druids too, and taught her the ways of the forest like them.

Skysear

First Post
As for the first idea, I'm pretty sure that's not how druids work. They're not "born magical". Oracles are the "divine sorcerers", not druids. They get their powers from nature itself, not from within.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I am just lurking around here and wanted to say I really like the thinking going here. I remember the fighter Sidhartha. (SP?). He was quite the combatant.

Aura

Explorer
Reviewing Krista Carver

This is a good-faith review of Skysear's character, Krista Carver. If anything appears to be in error, let me know and we shall double check and work out the correct solution. Treat all commentary as two copper, adjust for inflation. Patent pending, City State of Venza. 2015.

Mechanical Problems and other Must Fix Issues
* None - Krista has a clean bill of health

Formatting Issues (All Fixed)
* Updated First Seen and Location to provide links, as appropriate.
* Updated Categories to Dunn Wright Inn and Approved Characters.
* Fixed Char_Info_DIV (so you show up as your character in the Adventures page, with correct artwork and level).
* Clarified Favored Class Bonus to be +1 HP.
* Added formula to Martial Flexibility: 3 + 1/2 level (minimum 1) for ease in level-up calculations.
* Filled out skill point equation.
* Filled out ability mod for trained only skills to make consistent with ACP being listed on those lines.
* Removed * from skills that were trained. (The * is generally entered in the CS column, BTW, but at the front of the skill is just as clear.)
* Removed leading empty text box.
* Added MerryMortician's approval to bottom of sheet.

Things to Consider
* You may want to spend more of your initial gold, perhaps on 2 Cure Light Wounds potions. You may not have a healer in your adventure, and it's nice to have the option to heal yourself, if needed. This is particularly true since LPF allows you to sell back items at 100% price.
* If you wish to specify and develop where you are from, you get the human tongue of that region for free. However, it is also alright to just treat her as from a place close enough to Venza that she is considered a local for language purposes (speaking only Common.)
* You can remove sections you don't think you're ever going to use, such as Spell Lists and even Skills that are only usable trained.
* Your character artwork is highly known and of a named character with specific character traits. I'd recommend finding another if something catches your fancy.

Comments
* “Studded Leather Armour” Checked player’s home location. Check. :)
* There is a lot of solid and uncomplicated in this character. Should work fine.

Krista is APPROVED for LPF play! I see you're already in the DWI, so it's just a matter of time until a level 1-2 adventure comes up. (Please be patient, entertain yourself as best as you can while we do our best to place you.)

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
FrancisJohn, you realize the Harran elves are one of the big bad evil guys of the setting? Not saying you can't keep your backstory but raised by kindly elves in the Harran forest is... unusual. You might want to mention how this came about. Perhaps her parents were killed by the elves for some imagined slight and one of them took mercy on the babe and instead of leaving her to die rescued her and gave her to her adopted parents. Or they came across the ruins, found the babe, and raised her in secrecy.

EDIT: By the way, I love druids!

Last edited:

Remove ads