Character Submission Thread

Skysear

First Post
Hey there, got a character for people to check out! The background's intentionally vague since I don't really know much about the setting - I'd appreciate advice on specifics and details I could add to flesh it out!

...Unfortunately, it won't let me post the link to the wiki page until I've posted a few times! Try looking for Kristia Carver on the wiki instead!

GlassEye

Adventurer
Hey there, got a character for people to check out! The background's intentionally vague since I don't really know much about the setting - I'd appreciate advice on specifics and details I could add to flesh it out!

...Unfortunately, it won't let me post the link to the wiki page until I've posted a few times! Try looking for Kristia Carver on the wiki instead!

Welcome to ENWorld and the Living Pathfinder forum! Glad to have you. :)

A friend of mine plays a brawler in my face to face game and she tears things up. I look forward to seeing your brawler in action. Which, hopefully, won't be too long from now. It looks like you've properly tagged your character as 'Awaiting Approval' so it won't be difficult for people to find when they go to take a look.

Vague backgrounds are good. Allows for flexibility. Thalina is a goddess of the Tritower region. There is a lot of wilderness in that area and the Baronies, which Tritower and Venza are a part, are full of small countries good and evil. Most have no names, some are only barely mentioned, but that leaves plenty of room for you to add the extra detail if you feel inclined.

MerryMortician

Explorer
Welcome, Skysear! It's good to see another member looking for adventure. I will say as a fellow new face that the Living Pathfinder community has been exceptionally welcoming, knowledgeable, and helpful.

I've taken a look at Kristia's character sheet and found no problems at all. Mind you, this is my first time reviewing a character submission, but it looks rock solid. I will tentatively announce one non-judge APPROVAL and we'll see if that gets vetoed. It seems pretty rare that a new submission goes entirely without error.

I've never played with a brawler before so I look forward to seeing Kristia in action. :)

Skysear

First Post
Thanks, everyone! I suppose I shall have to wait with bated breath for an admin response, then. I'll look over the Geography in the wiki and see if I can't cook up some little details for the background in the meantime.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Well, with one approval under her belt you could take Kristia into the Dunn Wright Inn and do some preliminary roleplaying. There are two other characters around her level that are free right now and others waiting in the inn for an adventure to start so it might be a good time to introduce yourself. :)

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Autumn Foxfire

Presenting the new replacement for Siddhartha... Trixie Stardust is just too close to Francis John III. I may or may not use her later.

Going for a combat-friendly caster druid that's kind of rangerish. The elven heritage plays out really cool, but I really wish I could find a way to squish in precise shot earlier than level 7. I want to get natural caster as soon as possible at lvl 5 and the pre-req that goes with it at lvl 3. But as she stands, she has nice bow, firebolts, and burning hands, and an average sword strike if things get ugly. All this with high wisdom too! Very well-rounded in the skill department as well.

Any thoughts?

edit: found out there is no pre-req for natural caster, so precise shot it is at level 3! i was thinking of spell focus>>> augment summoning.... (all ideas from Treantmonk's Druid Guide)

Last edited:

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Typically I've played characters that are very flamboyant and confident/full-of-themselves. Very extroverted.

Recently I tried playing a fighter who had low intelligence and charisma, but actually it wasn't very fun. I feel like couldn't fully participate in decision-making or conversation if I honestly rped him as envisioned. He was a combat monster, but very one-dimensional. He could only swing a sword or shoot an arrow. He was really good at that, but that's all he can do. It made me realize I love characters with lots of options. Well-rounder is much superior than min/max in my opinion... plus it's no fun to play with other people either. Go underdogs!

Autumn has an abysmal CHA, and her human-adopted-by-elves background will reflect that. In one of the last adventures here there was a ranger who had no self-confidence but was actually really talented otherwise. I am 'borrowing' much of that theme. As she adventures more and more, I think she will come to realize how powerful she actually is. That's how I envision her overall 'plot arc'. Plus, I never really played a hard caster before, so that will be new and intriguing. Especially a druid, where I can roleplay how she deals with how the nature magic gradually increases in power. Some issues will be how she copes and comes to terms with how it manifests itself, and maybe how she ultimately harnesses that power.

Plus she will be a druid that casts fireballs. Maybe she starts a forest fire. Lot's of inner character turmoil there! Maybe I will handle it like spiderman.... "with great power comes great responsibility." Well, Ben Parker.....

Remove ads