Character Submission Thread

jbear

First Post
Ok, I've read that you can essentially tattoo muleback chords onto yourself rather than buy the item, so itdoesn't take up the shoulder slot. How is something like this handled at LPF? Do I need to ask judges for permission, or is this just banned outright?

jbear

First Post
From the Item creating tattoo feat rules. I know that item creation feats are banned, but for PCs. I thought it might stand to reason that as NPCs can create magic items, they might also be able to create magical tattoos for PCs.

I saw it mentioned on an internet forum and it was linked here in the PFSRD: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/item-creation-feats/inscribe-magical-tattoo-item-creation

No worries if it opens up a can of worms that you don't want opened, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. :)

If I understand it correctly, getting the Muleback Chords would cost 2000 gp as a tattoo instead of an item, with the benefit that it does not take up a body slot, or interfere with the magical item working on that same slot.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Well, the quick answer is that 'Inner Sea Magic' isn't on the approved source list and therefore disqualifies magical tattoos. You could make a proposal for it, but my opinion is it probably wouldn't pass.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Is it because it is of society specific and therefore copy righted? ergo restricted? That is always a negative influence to be considered.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Copyright isn't the issue, Scott. It's a subsystem that add complication. We have historically as judges avoided adding complicating subsystems to our allowed sources.

jbear

First Post
No worries, I didn't know that that it was from a restricted source, but I had a feeling that it probably wouldn't be allowed. Perhaps just a donkey and/or a wand of Ant Haul will resolve the issue.

jbear

First Post
Ok I think I have found my own solution:

I got rid of Mask of Stony Demeanor: Panache Plumed Hat is now my only head slot item; Bought 500 gp worth of utility potions with the 500 gp saved
Keeping Muleback Chords as standard shoulder item to keep encumberance light otherwise AC drops painfully low.
Keeping Cape of Feinting in my Handy Haversack
Not taking Potion of Water Breathing; buy Wand of Ant Haul with the 750 gp saved.

I can use Ant Haul (well ... my fellow magic wielding adventuring companion can do it for me at least) when given time in an adventure and swap muleback chords for my cape, having a good 2 hours of heavy lifting time. I think that solves the issue well enough that its worth keeping the cape as well. What would a swashbuckler be without her cape!?

Added Callisto as deity.
Battle Cry seems to be a combat feat so leaving feat selection as is.

Resubmitting Solomon Stone lvl 13 Swashbuckler for approval. :)

Remove ads