Character Submission Thread

resrick

First Post
Thanks Ealt and Tailspinner. I will adjust the feat and add that to the list.

Lol, I knew some of the numbers would be off with all the crazy adjusting I had to keep doing to get my weights and gold stuff under control =P. Thanks for taking a look at it and Ill know those corrections out real fast.

Quick edit* I took your advice Ealt and broke down the Skald kit. The stuff was to confusing and actually cost more doing the kit than buying stuff individually so I just went ahead and broke it down for the basic stuff I needed to get to the Inn. Will just buy more before we go on our first adventure.

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
I was looking over Barnibus the Beautiful, and a couple things came up which merit some handling by the player.

First, I'm not sure the buckler does what you are hoping it does. At least, you haven't indicated, so allow me to clarify: In the basic usage you seem to intend (using a two handed melee weapon while wearing the buckler), each round you'll have one of two choices:
(1) Attack, but at -1
(2) Don't attack, but gain +1 AC

You'd be better advised to simply go without the buckler entirely. Then when you attack, you'll be at no penalty. Instead of gaining +1 AC from buckler, gain +2 AC from fighting defensively (and still attack at -4). Both of these are clear wins over your current options.

Another avenue is to get a bastard sword and pay the feat to be able to use it two handed. Then you'll have the choice of either fighting 1h or 2h, which keeps you from losing your attack entirely to gain the AC. Once you get to 4th level (and 18 Str), your options would look like:
(1) 2h attack, at -1 hit and (due to x1.5 rule) +2 damage
(2) 1h attack, gain +1 AC

The other issue is with the god Tempest, who doesn't seem to be pre-existing and you haven't really said much about him other than make reference to him. Assuming LPF is still effectively taking gods to fit certain characters. I'm not sure about that. The only bard sort of deity we have now is a bit softhearted compared to what you seem to be after.

Me me know how you wish to proceed on these two issues. The rest is ralatively simple.

resrick

First Post
Buckler - Yea, you had the general idea of what my plan was, but the fighting defensively sounds like a much better idea than consistently losing the -1. I like the idea of the Bastard sword. I was hoping to primarily go 2handed anyways for my stuff (you know crazy barbarian with little regard for defense). I will look around for the feat and see what I think on that. If not I may just go Greatsword and smack everything.

As for my god, I just through a random one in there lol. I will explore a little and find something more suitable thats similar to Tempest.

Thanks for the help Aura and I will repost again and let you know when Ive made some changes.

*edit* ok so I think I like the idea of the Bastard Sword, but I want to clarify a couple of things before I make that decision. 1) since I dont have the exotic wep prof feat yet I will not be able to use the weapon 1handed correct? Wanted to make sure I'm reading that right. So I can just use it as 2h for now and then when I get the feat switch it back and forth depending on if I want the extra damage or the extra AC. Now the real question is, should I just wait then until I get the feat to grab it or would it be good now to have it (not take the shield and just use it like a 2h wep until lvl/feat/find a buckler)? 2) I'm a little confused at how much damage I would be putting out with it 2h. You mentioned x1.5 so is that at the moment (STR 16) +4 to dmg?

god = I went with the Stormlords and adjusted my story just a little. Mainly a focus on the brothers since their ideas fit better I think with my barbarian/skald/free nature.

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Yes to pretty much all that. I typo'd earlier and completely munged the meaning, but a bastard sword is martial used 2h, exotic used 1h, so the idea I was trying to convey is you'd need the feat to do the switching style of fighting. Quickdraw is also another useful feat in this style.

Until you feat for it, you're better with the Great Axe, probably. And yes, your 16 Str is +3 attack, +4 damage when using a 2h weapon. It's x1.5, round down.

Just tell me when you're ready for review.

resrick

First Post
Okie dokie looks like he is good to go now.

Went with the great axe for now and adjusted the stats for it and the flail to reflect the 2h part. Ready for a review *flex!*

Aura

Explorer
Barnibus is APPROVED for level 1. I made some changes:[sblock=Disclosure]Added Extra Performance feat and rounds of Raging Song that result.
Fixed up some formatting, but still couldn't get boldface type to work.
Fixed minor issue with money spent. [/sblock]
Enjoy!

jbear

First Post
Hey there LPF judges,

I am submitting Solomon Stone, 13th lvl Swashbuckler for approval. She is intended to replace Relic Nevyn (Wizard 12/Oracle 1).

Once she is approved I will have her enter the DWI and have Relic take his exit. I intend for Solomon to play in the high level adventure that Mowgli is getting together.

cheers
J

jackslate45

First Post
Review of Solomon Stone

Things to Note:
  • Battle Cry is a non combat feat, but is marked as a bonus combat feat @ level 8. Taking Quick Draw at 8 and Battle Cry at 9 will fix that though.
  • Steadfast Personality is a insight bonus to mind-effecting saves only, not to Will saves in general. I have your will save at +6
  • Muleback cords and cape of feinting do not stack. And without Muleback cords your AC drops from 32 to 28.
  • Neither do the mask of stony demeanor or the extremely feathered hat, as they both occupy the Head Slot. Although it would be a mighty impressive hat. This one not concerned with, since you can switch between the two easily.

Items 2 and 3 are holding you up. NOT YET

Aura

Explorer
Reviewing: Solomon Silence

This is a good faith review of Solomon. If anything doesn't seem right, feel free to bring it up and we will resolve any differences.

Major Issues:
- As JS45 mentioned, you have two pairs of gear which compete for slots, Muleback Cords/Cape of Feinting for the back slot and Mask of Stony Demeanor/Plume(s) of Panache for the head slot. All four of these items have effects which are directly combat useful, so either they need to be pared down, or the default item of each pair needs to be noted and character sheet written to reflect that. Currently, the character sheet is written assuming Muleback Cords and Mask of Stony Demeanor.

Minor Issues (all fixed):
- Noted Favored Class option taken as HPx13 in racial section.
- Specified 13d10 as being worth 106, increased total HP to 158.
- Handle Animal ability value increased to 7, although still not usable untrained.
- Increased carry Strength with muleback cords to 17 (results in 86/173/260).
- Updated Char_Info_DIV to let character appear correctly on Adventures page.
- Steadfast Personality noted as mind-effecting will saves only (which is most of them, might not work every now and again).

Comments:

- Deity is listed as Goddess of the Sea. Is this, roughly, Callisto or one of the Storm Lords? It would be helpful to note if you’re going in the way of a new divinity or referring to a pre-existing one (albeit ill-defined).
- The Mask of Stony Demeanor is an odd item. It gives a bluff bonus to lie while simultaneously telling all observers that you are specifically enhancing your ability to lie. This could end up being a huge YMMV item, unless taken only for the bonus to feint.
- JS45 commented that Battle Cry was not a combat feat, but it seems to be, near as I can tell.
- Wow. You spent 140,000gp. Exactly. :)

Anyway, NOT YET, but a quick gear fix or noting default items for head/back slots will get you there.

jbear

First Post
Thank you both for your time.

Mask was intended to make my Bluff bonus for feinting a total beast roll, but I favour the hat of feathers more. I should have checked the slots. FOr some reason I didn't visualise a mask and a hat taking the same place on the body.

Same deal on the muleback chords and the cape. I wasn't visualising them competing for a body slot. I need the chords to carry weight, but the cape is a lot more fun...

I will have a think if I can find another solution to carrying weight and replace the mask.

Question: What Will saves could you have to make that are NOT mind affecting? I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that anything that attacked a characters Will, was in some way attacking the mind, hence I added the bonus directly to WILL save. I would like to get a better idea if the feat is as useful as it seemed to appear.

Remove ads