• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Characters of SMACK, the PbP game of horrid munchkinism

Arknath

First Post
Jeremy's Ability...

...to create characters of immense power is something that is VERY scary when you play with the guy...as a DM and as a player, you never know what he's gonna pull out...

Of course, he doesn't play munchkin characters anymore, but the possibility of a character like that coming against your party of PC's....well, let's just say it makes for an adrenalized night.

Jeremy

Explorer
I knew I forgot something... Anyone remember the ring of haste from the wizard's website.. Something like 12,000 for a ring of constant haste. I'll have to go find it and find someway to edit it in.

You are correct reaper, I summed it up the way I did for simplicities sake. But there is always the chance of rolling a 1, so it is important. While the first couple spells's fort saves are trivial, and they can be used to cast the ones first that will help with further fort saves, actually, really, the only one that isn't an auto succeed if you go in that order is the last. But there's always the chance a one could be rolled, then again, that's what the restorations are for. Now I gotta go get that spell that washes away fatigue and exhaustion as a back up. I think it's in R&R2 or Spells & Spellcraft.

:)

That character is so broken it makes me all teary-eyed! :)

reapersaurus

Explorer
If persistent spell is 4 levels of cost, than the DC is at DC 50.

Is that a FORT save, or a CON save?

Is there ANY safety-feature about meta-magic feats that stops people from casting them freely?
I don't think so, but I could see there being a restriction on preparation so that you can't cast it unless you have a caster level equal or higher than the unmodified cost - I remember something like that, but I don't think anyone has EVER brought up a class that can metamagic for FREE..... have they?

The universally-thought-abusive Incantrix 'only' gets a 1 reduction in level.... and that's considered cheesy.
Have you run this past rules meisters before, Jeremy?

Jeremy

Explorer
You're right, I was subtracting the 10 levels of safe spelldancing from spelldancer levels and constitution modifier. I'll go through it and figure out what each spell is in order and what the save is in order for each.

It's a fortitude save, not a con check, else it wouldn't work. :)

As for safety feature, not a one. :) That's the problem.

And yes, this has gone through the ringer and come out clean. It's not even my original catch, I believe the author of the "Perfect Form" smack also did a spelldancer smack in another thread that he didn't submit to the archive and thus only a few of us priviledged people who got to read it, remember it. :)

DM_Matt

First Post
Munchkin archer in progress...

Race: Human
Fighter2/Monk(OA)2/Templar1/Paladin1/Shiba Protector1/Cleric1/Order of the Bow Initiate6/Deepwood Sniper 2
Total Levels: 16
Experience: 120000 Next Level: 136000 Exp Penalty:
Alignment: Lawful Good
---

val adj

Str: 16 (+3)

Dex: 16 (+3)

Con: 16 (+3)

Int: 10 (+0)

Wis: 16 (+3)

Cha: 20 (+5)

---
Speed Walk 30'

Save (Base)

Reflex +17 (+14)

Fortitude +23 (+20)

Willpower +22 (+19)

Feats:

Alertness,Divine Might,Divine Weapon,Endurance,Expertise,Far Shot,Iron Will,Power Attack,Precise Shot,Rapid Shot,Superior Weapon Focus (Longbow (Composite)),Weapon Specialization (Longbow (Composite)),Zen Archery(+Improved), Leadership, Improved Initiative, Multishot, Improved Crit

Domain: Elf Granted Power: Free Point Blank Shot

Domain: War Granted Power: Free Martial Weapon Proficiency and Weapon Focus with the deity's favored weapon.

Special Abilities:

Ki Frenzy 1/day,Evasion,Flurry of Blows,Mettle,No Thought,Spontaneous casting,Turn Undead 15/day,Ranged Sneak Attack +3d6,Close Combat Shot,Free Attack,Keen Arrows,Range Increment +20ft,Concealment Reduction 10pct,Magic Weapon,Projectile Improved Critical +1,Detect Evil,Divine Grace,Divine Health,Lay on Hands 3 hp/day

This is entirely pre-items (and stat boosts for level). They will all be made by my Maho-Tsukai/Incantrix cohort who will take full advantage of his Improved Metamagic and Maho Metamagic skills......

More to come...

Items: UseAct Bulls Str 6x Empowered w/Maho Metamag and Improved Metamag,+ Persistant (Instant Metamag)...Thus; L2 spell, free action activation, 24 hour duration +4d4+4(8-20) str.
(2*3*2000)/2 = 6,000 to make
Repeat for every other stat. Total cost: 36,000 (Altohugh Jeremy's metamagic smack is better, I will stick to my own rather than copy, in the spirit of fair competition. IN an SoS char I;d prolly make the char a Maho/Incan/Spelldan, touhgh)

UseAct Greater Mag Weapon +5, L15 caster. 5x extended with maho metamagic, free activation, 90 hour duration.
(3*15*2000)/2 = 45,000

Same as above, but with haste, so (3*5*2000)/2 = 15,000

Persistent divine favor, same exploit, (1*18*2000) /2= 18,000

...and divine power = 28,000
...and righteous might (1/day) = 10,500
...and battletide = 54,000

2 +1 spellblade bladeboots. One with greater Dispel, the other with <TBA>
Total Cost 8k

extremely mighty Oathbow: Cost 14,185

still spending....not even halfway through....

Hewards handy haversack 2k

A sh*tload of Tiger's Claw arrows

Bracers of Archery

So hmmm........I know that the char is not 100% complete, but lets see what his dmg might look like.(Assuming the stat items grant +14 ( the average)(Also note str +4 from righteous might).....

To Hit: 16 (Bab w Divine Power) +2 (Superior Weapon Focus) + 12 (Divine Weapon) +10 (Enh bonus of bows + arrows) +10(dex) +10 (OOBI Zen Archery)+6 (Divine Favor) -2 (Rapid Shot) +10 (No Thought)
Attacks: 4+1(Rapid shot) = 5
So...+74/+74/+69/+64/+59

...but wait....he has multishot and two extra partial actions (haste and battletide)

So....that adds 8 more attacks (using 2 attack rolls) @ +74

Howsabout dmg? Well, first note that in osme situations, he has ranged sneak attax and precise shot. In this situation, he will deal 24d6+8 more dmg if they all hit. Also note that his crit range is 15-20/x4 amd that 1/round he can shoot a foe that provokes an AOO from an ally.

The first 5 (and 2 from the next 8)

DMG: 2d6 (bigger with righteous might)+2 (Weapon Specialization) + 12 (Divine Weapon) +10 (Enh bonus of bows + arrows) +12(divine might) +6 (Divine Favor) +10 (No Thought) +12 str = 2d6+64 *2 (Oathbow) =4d6+128

The other 6 only do 4d6+124, because they dont get weapon spec.

So in 13 attacks, he does....52d6+1640...for a rough calculation with crits, I can multiply the dmg of the 7 crit-eligible shots time 6/20 and multiply by 4.....It should thus add 1.2x that dmg, so about 35d6+1075 more.

Thus, not counting sneak attax or use of free shot, he should do 87d6+2715 in a round. That averages over 3,000.

Last edited:

buzzard

First Post
I have this sinking feeling that my archer is going to look like a creampuff by the time all this is done.

However I did find a very munchy feat in the AEG Mercenaries book I picked up last night (in my usual perusal of the used rack.) It was Deadeye shot (or something like that, I don't have it here). It basicaly said that by giving up one shot you can make a shot an auto critical. Granted it won't really up my damage appreciably, but it can remove variability. Using it I would switch to normal arrows, and get 2 x5 crits per round, plus the speed attack (which would use a tiger claw arrow of course, since 30% crit chance is never a bad thing).

Thus in a round it would be usual to have 236 damage per round. In cases of the tiger claw critting as well it would come to 322 damage. This would be 30% of the time. To factor this in we would get average damage of 261 per round, and only expend 3 arrows at a time. Thus it would be possible to do it for about 17 rounds.

You can always count on those AEG books for some nice munchy stuff.

buzzard

reapersaurus

Explorer
Question:

Jeremy - if that Spelldancer cheese is legit, doesn't it lead to almost-infinite stat-boosts?
Since meta-magicking is free, the only limiter is the spelldancers FORT save. So what stops you from getting a 20 x Empowered Bull's Strength from your SpellDancer cohort?
(BTW: If this is legit, and if you give me permission, I'd like to spend ONE FRIGGING FEAT to take advantage of both this glaring rules-oversight and my ridiculously-high Charisma and get a small army of high-CON Spelldancers to buff me into godhood .... )

actually, I'd just get enuff to guarantee a 4 on the Bull's Strength spellcasting roll, and the Eagle's Splendor roll.
10 or 20 Spelldancers would cut it.
What would a 15 times Empowered Eagle's Splendor net you, if you rolled a 4?
(4+1) times 1.5 15 times = +2189 to CHA

edit: oh yeah - I always forget that - it just adds arithmetically the 1.5 bonus, which is +2.
15 times is +30 enhancement bonus to CHA and STR.

That'll do. ;)

Last edited:

Jeremy

Explorer
Heh. I read that stealing from the SoS thread was legalized, but if this is a entrance competition, don'cha think stealing from other entries is outta line? :D

It is a nice loophole though, isn't it? Big enough to drive a tank through. Or a shield bashing Chargeadin... :)

Elric

First Post
This absolutely reminds me of the computer game Morrowind (sequel to Daggerfall) where you make items that increase your enchanting powers and use them to increase your enchanting powers to make...

So, you increase your Fort save to cast spells that increase your Fort save to... until you can cast 15x metamagic'd spells.

Absolute genius, Jeremy!

- I should also note that I don't own Magic of Faerun, so I've never seen Spelldancer. However, if it works like I think it does...

Last edited:

Remove ads