• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

charge Q

sammy

First Post
My Barbarian player was wondering if he could move his full movement and then "charge" afterwards.

I wasn't sure, so I am asking the fans here if he could.

Thanks in advance,

Sammy

Flipguarder

First Post
You can take a move action and then charge, ending (your movement speed X 2) away from where you started.

But you can't take two move actions and then charge, ending (your movement speed X3) away from where you started.

Depends what you mean by full movement.

You can take a move action and then charge, ending (your movement speed X 2) away from where you started.

But you can't take two move actions and then charge, ending (your movement speed X3) away from where you started.

Depends what you mean by full movement.

...Unless you spend an action point.

The key to remember is that you get one minor, one move, and one standard (plus any bonus actions from wherever). A charge is a standard action and any actions taken previous to your use of the charge action (such as a move) have no bearing as to whether or not you can then charge (unless you drop prone etc.).

FurryFighter

First Post
moving is part of the action of charge. like how some powers allow teleport and secondary attack, but this is charge: move + basic attack with +1 hit.

its use is in substitution, such as two minors and a standard without a move, and still being able to move around, or doubling your range, etc etc.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads