• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Charging Paladin build

mvincent

Explorer
Legildur said:
You obviously haven't bothered to read those threads I linked either, as at least one of them discusses the FAQ statements about Sunder.
I think you missed my point. You appeared to already know about the subjectiveness of the issue, yet you made a diffinitive statement without any qualifiers. That seemed dishonest to me.

My question was merely to clarify if you were indeed being dishonest.

Legildur

First Post
mvincent said:
I think you missed my point. You appeared to already know about the subjectiveness of the issue, yet you made a diffinitive statement without any qualifiers. That seemed dishonest to me.

My question was merely to clarify if you were indeed being dishonest.
So now you are accusing me of being dishonest???

Of course I knew it was subjective. I even flagged it (twice no less, 2/1/07 and yesterday) in this thread that it had been debated to death and that, and I quote, "All I am saying, mainly for the benefit of others, is that it is an area of debate and not simply an accepted universal ruling."

I don't see how more open I could be about the doubt around this rule. So I strongly suggest that you modify your attitude and language.

If you are willing to ignore all the debate to rule otherwise in your games, then fine, feel free to do so.

mvincent

Explorer
Legildur said:
So now you are accusing me of being dishonest???
I said that: (initially) authoritatively stating "Not only can you not use Sunder on an AOO, you can't use it in place of an attack" without qualification even though (as you say) you knew about the subjectivity of that statement seemed dishonest to me. But note that I did make sincere efforts to clarify the matter. Also, note that I'm not questioning your later statements (after you were challenged by many other posters), merely your initial statement.

So I strongly suggest that you modify your attitude and language.
I've made an effort to be polite, while your responses seem rude. If you care to "take it outside" please feel free to contact me via private message (in an effort to keep rudeness away from this board)

Last edited:

Legildur

First Post
Hey, I didn't accuse anyone of being dishonest - hardly polite in anyones' language, and probably worthy of an apology. And there also posts in support of my stance about Sunder (particularly Hypersmurf). But you choose to ignore them, as you have the right to do. Rather than exchanging further words over PM, I'm inclined to accept your explanation and write this off as a misunderstanding. Now the (inadvertent) thread hijack can cease. Hopefully the OP has got some useful material.

Legildur

First Post
Thurbane said:
So...how about them charging paladins? :\
Well, on a positive note, one thing for sure is that as a result of this thread I am going to give one a go and have some fun. Mind you, I won't be trying to Sunder at the end of my charge ;)

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
If you don't have your heart set on a PALADIN...try this on for size

Centaur Scout X

This gives you a LARGE lance with bonus damage on a charge as if mounted

1. Ride-By Attack with a lance (GMs permission to use this feat without technically having a mount, otherwise use spring attack tree)

2. Horseshoes of speed (GMs permission again, otherwise boots of striding)

3. Various charging feats as you see fit

You should pretty easily be able to charge across the field, get in an attack, and end up out of your opponents charge range.

DS

Remove ads