D&D 5E Charisma Thorn Whip?

rgoodbb

Adventurer
I am Order Cleric 1/Bard x.

Aside from 3 levels of Warlock, Lore 6 or DM handwave, is there any way to get a charisma thorn whip at 1st level?

I have been looking at races/feats etc. I don't want a level of druid as I am already multiclassed and my Wis is only 13.

Just wondered if I have missed anything. Thanks.

NotAYakk

Legend
The feat methods all give it to you with wisdom.

There aren't any magic items that let you cast it that I can find.

Spell-Storing Item doesn't even let you put cantrips in it.

rgoodbb

Adventurer
Yeah even artificer feat gets you it but as you would imagine, with Intelligence.

Thanks for having a look though. I appreciate it.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
If you want to pull from the Unearthed Arcana playtests, doesn’t the Magic Initiate 1st-level feat for the backgrounds that offer it then choose Build Your Background but pick and choose and grab the feat for the Primal spell list plus choice of ability give thorn whip using Charisma?

jgsugden

Legend
If you're playing a game that doesn't allow for any homebrew you're stuck. However, many DMs would let you devise a version of the spell that would be accessible to a bard PC.

Ribbon Dance

Cantrip 1 Action 30 ft V,S,M * Instantaneous Transmutation Melee Slashing

You flick a long ribbon with a serrated edge that lashes out at your command toward a creature in range. Make a melee spell attack against the target. If the attack hits, the creature takes 1d6 piercing damage, and if the creature is Large or smaller, you pull the creature up to 10 feet closer to you.

The spell's damage increases by 1d6 when you reach 5th level (2d6), 11th level (3d6), and 17th level (4d6).

* A 10 foot ribbon with metal fringe attached to a 2 foot batton.

"Groove, My Dear, Is in the Heart!"

Remove ads