• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cheap Mini's: Bucket of Dragons

Riley

Legend
Supporter
No pictures of the contents, but here's a picture of the bucket:

dragonballzcentral_2121_1371891082

How To Train Your Dragon Movie Bucket of Dragons [30 Dragons] New!

R-Hero

Explorer
I too have been looking for a good starter set (i.e. cheap) of mini's

I found the Basic DnD game for 18.98+shipping at Toys-r-Us.
It has 16 (Four Hero and twelve monster) mini's, a few map tiles, a set of dice and teaching level dungeon. Thats a 1.00 +/- a mini. (I forget what I paid in shipping)

From memory (I is at work) it had 4 kobolds, 2 skeleton, a couple of orcs and a wicked looking black dragon (medium)

Dungeons & Dragons Basic Game - Wizards of the Coast - Toys "R" Us

I too have used some of the "How to Train Your Dragon" toys. The MacDonalds Happy Meal toys that my grandchildren leave in Pop's car work pretty good.;)

countgray

First Post
Pictures as requested!

I took some pictures of the dragon minis and figured out how to upload them. Check 'em out! By the way, the tub has a sticker on it that says "Wal-mart Exclusive" so I am afraid the only place you can find them easily is in a Wal-mart.
countgray-albums-bucket-dragons-how-train-your-dragon-picture1191t-dragons-vikings.jpg
countgray-albums-bucket-dragons-how-train-your-dragon-picture1190t-just-dragons.jpg
countgray-albums-bucket-dragons-how-train-your-dragon-picture1187t-dragon-lid.jpg
countgray-albums-bucket-dragons-how-train-your-dragon-picture1188t-all-30-spread-out-gaming-mat.jpg
countgray-albums-bucket-dragons-how-train-your-dragon-picture1189t-lateral-view.jpg

It always amazes me what can be found in the stores that works for DnD. Another favorite place to look for props and critters are the dollar stores.

The larger Micheal's arts and crafts stores have several huge/gargantuan dragons for 10-16 dollars each.

Halloween stores often have cheap bugs, bats and rats this time of year. Super cheap if you wait til the first of november, but that chances the item being out of stock.

Quoted for Truth.

Also dollar stores. I've supplemented my minis with cheap insects ranging from tiny ants and spiders up to huge sized crabs, spiders, scorpions, etc.

R-Hero

Explorer
It always amazes me what can be found in the stores that works for DnD. Another favorite place to look for props and critters are the dollar stores.

Ditto. I was in a local store this weekend and found something called 'Plasma Dragons' for 3.99. I thought, why not. If the don't look right the grandson can have it.

Wow. These are real good figures, (Poseable too) for DnD minis. They fit in a 3 inch by 3 inch square perfectly. I bought one red and one that looks like an undead dragon. I must go back and get the others. (A google search said that 3.99 is a steal)

Remove ads