• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Check Out Flash Gordon's Outlaw Moon of Exila

The folks over at Pinnacle Entertainment Group have sent me along a preview of the Moons of Mongo, a 32-page book which is part of the current Flash Gordon: Legends of Mongo crowdfunding over on GameOnTabletop. The full boxed-set Kickstarter contains 144 full-color pawns showcasing iconic Flash Gordon characters and monsters. Flash Gordon is an RPG powered by Savage Worlds...

The folks over at Pinnacle Entertainment Group have sent me along a preview of the Moons of Mongo, a 32-page book which is part of the current Flash Gordon: Legends of Mongo crowdfunding over on GameOnTabletop. The full boxed-set Kickstarter contains 144 full-color pawns showcasing iconic Flash Gordon characters and monsters.

Flash Gordon is an RPG powered by Savage Worlds.

mongo1.jpg

mongo2.jpg

In addition to the pawns, there's a bonus adventure, 12 Archetype Cards, new Threat Cards, a Savage Worlds Adventure Edition conversion document, and an updated Character Folio.

imagineGod

Legend
How does ts Flash Gordon differ from the Flash Gordon Kick rukes-wise?

I notice Pinnacle is guilty of changing rules mid-product cycle. The Savage RIFTS switched from Savage Worlds Deluxe to SWAdE rules for the last parts of the Campaign arc.

Even Deadlands Reloaded changed book sizes mid Campaign arc.

I enjoy the Savage Worlds system but cannot collect such a mishmash scattershot approach to product design.

Donald Schepis

Developer @ PEG

I notice Pinnacle is guilty of changing rules mid-product cycle. The Savage RIFTS switched from Savage Worlds Deluxe to SWAdE rules for the last parts of the Campaign arc.

I enjoy the Savage Worlds system but cannot collect such a mishmash scattershot approach to product design.

I'm not actually sure what you're asking about here? It sounds like you're talking about the update to SWADE rules but also the dimensions of books?

As far as rules are concerned, everything we're releasing is using SWADE since that's the latest edition of the core rules. No different than when any other system has a new edition that they release. Inside the Booster Box is the printed conversion document, which outlines the minor changes you need to make to play Flash Gordon™ using SWADE. It's basically ignore Charisma, bump up the occasional skill if it's one of the core skills that starts at d4 in SWADE, and a few minor statblock changes.

As for the size of the adventure in the box, it's our standard graphic novel-size format.

Gelert

Adrian

Agree. I've given up on it now. It's no longer Fast, Furious Fun. It's more Roll and yawn. Fallen into the trap of looks trump's content. Also the sizing sucks. I, and most of my gamer friends, don't like the format. It's really suffered since Wiggy left.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads