• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Movie/TV Check Out These Previews Of Hasbro's New D&D 'FAST' Channel

3 shows launch very soon!

Hasbro's new FAST channel called Dungeons & Dragons: Adventures launches in less than two weeks. You'll be able to access by Amazon Freevee and Plex.It will launch with three new series--the comedy stream Faster, Purple Worm! Kill! Kill!, the Forgotten Realms adventurers based on an existing podcast Encounter Party, and the cooking show Heroes’ Feast. You can check out previews of all three below.

SJBMKE

Villager
G4 re-revived! (At least the D&D side.) Seems like a good variety to start, although I don't understand the 24-hour TV format. The content and the platform the content will be on are niche as well... Don't see it working out well but hope I'm disproven. At least imagine the episodes will be uploaded somewhere more accessible like YouTube.

P.s. I hope one day the d&d-media scene will expand beyond LA. Some variety in the way they play and run games would go a long way.
Encounter Party is from all over the country. :)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Well, that’s his bit on American TV. I hear his persona for British TV is much kinder, though I haven’t actually seen it.
He notably isn't a jerk when he's working with kid chefs. I think it's an ill-advised bit he's doing with the American adult chefs.
His British stuff and the kids stuff is way gentler, and while he is complicit it's less him putting on a performance and more he let's himeslf be pit in annoying positions by the Fox producers. He has a genuinely short fuse, and they engineer things to actually set him off (get abrasive cooks, let things go really wrong, etc). The BBC stuff is actually produced without trying to annoy him on purpose, and kids are cute enough for Foz ratings without the need for it.

Kind of gross.

I wonder if the future of actual-play shows will be something like an asymetric multiplayer CRPG, and when I say asymetric I mean one of the players will be the dungeon master, altought the original software allows the option to play with an AI DM.

I am not interested into actual-play shows because I lose a lot of details when it is not my first languange, even when there are subtitles. I would rather a summarized animated replay.

Remove ads

Remove ads