• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday 27 is October 23rd: sign up to play now!

WJMacGuffin

Explorer
With only two players, and two other non-full events in the morning PLUS gamma world demos, I'm tempted to shelve my event and try it again another gameday. Ill wait for the one week mark to make the decision final.

WJ, yours is probably the game I'm most interested in, if that weighs in on your decision for the game.

I was thinking the same thing, Trev. I'm tempted to A) drop my game and play in yours, B) drop my game and get me some Gamma World action, C) try to run a zombie game that uses FATE in place of Triune, or D) sit at an empty table and glare at TracerBullet all morning long.

Nev the Deranged

First Post
So, turns out there's a chance I might not have to work a full day on Saturday. I'm not gonna sign up for an evening slot because I don't know if/when I'll be able to make it over there, but I may end up coming by in time for a second slot game. Or not.

Alright. I think I've given it enough time, but I want to respect the drop deadline, so I'm making the call now:

Please cancel my current morning event. I'd much prefer that someone else with a full event that'd benefit from the private room have it rather than just a 2-3 person event, and I don't want to count on potential walk-ins to fill up a table. If buzz is cool with it, first person to claim the private room gets it from me. If not, you can pay buzz for the privilege (and he'll cut me 30%....)

grizzo, Fenril, sorry to disappoint. I'm certain this will be pitched again at another gameday, though.

For now, I'll leave my morning free and loose. (At least until WJ picks something to do).

William Ronald

Explorer
Trev, I am sorry to see you cancel. We have lost one event and may lose another.

Therefore, I am going to ask Buzz to drop me from Morning Slot 5: D&D 3.5, "WHATEVER YOU SAY, MIRACLE MAX! Why? So, I can step up to the plate and run a Pathfinder Society Organized Play event. Pathfinder Society events can easily run in the time for the first slot.

I have even found an image for Buzz to resize:

PZOPSS0043E_500.jpeg

Pathfinder Society Scenario #43: The Pallid Plague (PFRPG)
Paizo Publishing, LLC

Reports from Andoran's Darkmoon Vale indicate that a new plague is causing the deaths of untold fey. The Pathfinder Society sends you there to aid the nymph queen in stopping the plague and finding and destroying its source. When the plague spreads to the human population of Falcon's Hollow, the need to find a cure grows more frantic. Can you save the many denizens of Darkmoon Vale from certain death?

Written by Mark Moreland

This product is a Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 1st to 7th level characters (Tiers: 1–2, 3–4, and 6–7). This scenario is designed for play in Pathfinder Society Organized Play, but can easily be adapted for use with any world. This scenario is compliant with the Open Game License (OGL) and is suitable for use with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.

You can either create your own 1st level character, under the rules of the Pathfinder Society Guide to Organized Play (PFRPG). (I also recommend using the PF SRD for some information and tips as well. Make sure to chose a character faction -- faction missions can be fun.) Or you can bring an existing Pathfinder Society character or you can run one of the Pathfinder iconics. (I will figure out what tier (essentially level) to run the event.

I can possibly handle two more players but would like to save the space for walk ins.

buzz

Adventurer
Okay, I have marked Trev's game as "canceled".

However, before we add something new, I'd like to float the idea of my running a second Dresden slot in its place. There was a lot of demand, and it filled up in minutes. This way, people who missed out get a second chance.

Is that reasonable, or selfish? I don't want to rain on the Pathfinder parade, William. :)

William Ronald

Explorer
Okay, I have marked Trev's game as "canceled".

However, before we add something new, I'd like to float the idea of my running a second Dresden slot in its place. There was a lot of demand, and it filled up in minutes. This way, people who missed out get a second chance.

Is that reasonable, or selfish? I don't want to rain on the Pathfinder parade, William. :)

Buzz, no problem. Perhaps see if there is interest here, or post the event and see if there are enough sign ups. I have learned to be flexible. I would like to be able to start prepping a scenario early in the week. So, maybe firm up things by Monday night? If there are other cancellations in the morning, just go ahead and add in my event. (We have one event canceled and may have one also canceled.)

TracerBullet42

First Post
... I'd much prefer that someone else with a full event that'd benefit from the private room...

Oooh! I have a full event! May I lay claim to the private room please? Pretty please?

Although it'll be harder for WJMcGuffin to glare at me if I'm in the private room...

If it's available, though, I'd love to use that room again.

Remove ads