Chicago Gameday 28 (Feb 26) Event Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjacat

First Post
Wow, we have. . .quite the full roster with the planning thread less than 24 hours old!

With table I off limits, we have eight tables for GameDay and seven events proposed for the afternoon slot so far- -I'd like to run a Cortex Plus supers event, if it's okay for me to run two events (and give someone else a chance to play Buzz's Dresden.)

Being my first time with Cortex+, I'll keep it a small event, so Table B would be fine, and I'll leave Table D for Rob.

Title- Mutant X: After the Assault, system- Cortex Plus/Smallville, players- 4 (or five, if we can squeeze six people around Table B), slot- PM

And if someone else wants to GM and there's no cancellations, I can wait until next time. :cool:

William Ronald

Explorer
To save Buzz some time, here is a slightly modified version of my event info from last Gameday. (I can perhaps go to 8, but I do need to have a legal table.

Pathfinder Society Scenario #43: The Pallid Plague (PFRPG)
Pathfinder, William Ronald

PZOPSS0043E_500.jpeg

Reports from Andoran's Darkmoon Vale indicate that a new plague is causing the deaths of untold fey. The Pathfinder Society sends you there to aid the nymph queen in stopping the plague and finding and destroying its source. When the plague spreads to the human population of Falcon's Hollow, the need to find a cure grows more frantic. Can you save the many denizens of Darkmoon Vale from certain death?

Written by Mark Moreland

This product is a Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 1st to 7th level characters (Tiers: 1–2, 3–4, and 6–7). This scenario is designed for play in Pathfinder Society Organized Play, but can easily be adapted for use with any world. This scenario is compliant with the Open Game License (OGL) and is suitable for use with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.

You can either create your own 1st level character, under the rules of the Pathfinder Society Guide to Organized Play (PFRPG). (I also recommend using the PF SRD for some information and tips as well. Make sure to chose a character faction -- faction missions can be fun.) Or you can bring an existing Pathfinder Society character or you can run one of the Pathfinder iconics. (I will figure out what tier (essentially level) to run the event.

buzz

Adventurer
I would be interested in running 4E Tomb of Horrors. I doubt I could get through the entire thing, but giving some new D&D players a bit of a taste of an old dungeon crawl would be interesting. As for timing, I can run in the afternoon, any table.
Added! You're at table E.

I will be running BATTLEFLEET: EXODUS, a scenario for Burning Empires, based heavily on the Battlestar Galactica show. Mistrust! Paranoia! Alien Worms in People's Heads! Massive Space Battles! Up to six players can play. I want an evening slot and a big table. Experience with either Burning Empires or BSG is not mandatory, but both help. Pregen characters will be provided.
Added! You're at table G.

And... DANGIT! Someone other than me actually runs a Burning event and I can't play in it! :)

Buzz, please put me down for the afternoon slot. D&D 4E. Up to 5 players. I can't see the table diagram, but any table that fits 6 is fine with me.
Added! You're at big ol' table H.

Buzz,

I would like to propose the following "old school edition" event for an evening slot:

AD&D 1E game for GM+6 players.
Added! You're at table A; you should be able to fit six players there, but we can try to work something out if it seems cramped.

Title- Mutant X: After the Assault, system- Cortex Plus/Smallville, players- 4 (or five, if we can squeeze six people around Table B), slot- PM
Added! Table B as requested.

Okay, folks, the afternoon is full! The morning has room for two more events. If we have trouble filling those, I can always run another slot of Dresden.

Wow, this turnout is... amazing. Thank all of you for stepping forward to run events!

Last edited:

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
We look a little lopsided, Buzz, so please switch me to Table A in the morning slot (and let's drop it from five to four seats) and allow strider1970 to move to table C so he won't be so cramped. If we don't get any more games we'll be in good shape in both slots and if we do get another GM they'll have their choice of either slot. Sound good?

buzz

Adventurer
We look a little lopsided, Buzz, so please switch me to Table A in the morning slot (and let's drop it from five to four seats) and allow strider1970 to move to table C so he won't be so cramped. If we don't get any more games we'll be in good shape in both slots and if we do get another GM they'll have their choice of either slot. Sound good?
I appreciate your generosity, Mark. SO MOTE IT BE!

So, room for one event in both the morning and the afternoon.

strider1970

First Post
Buzz,

I’m concerned that my Fallen Jarls adventure may be too large for the time allowed and I want the players to at least have a chance of finishing their game of fun. Therefore, please allow me to replace said adventure with the following d20/3.5 adventure for the same afternoon time slot:

“The Mines of Verhaven”: Excited by rumors of gold, the adventurers have come to the small mining town of Verhaven. Miners working in the nearby mines have reported strange noises and phantom footsteps from deep inside the earth, spawning superstitions throughout the town. Is the party brave enough to venture into the tunnels of Verhaven? A one-off adventure for six characters of level 3-5 (with standard equipment).

Players may bring their own characters, but I will have a supply of pre-gens too.

Besides, I think a d20/3.5 may be more popular than AD&D 1e.

Thanks,
Paul

PS--I appreciate you switching my game to Table C. Thank you.

Last edited:

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Buzz,

I’m concerned that my Fallen Jarls adventure may be too large for the time allowed and I want the players to at least have a chance of finishing their game of fun. Therefore, please allow me to replace said adventure with the following d20/3.5 adventure for the same afternoon time slot:

“The Mines of Verhaven”: Excited by rumors of gold, the adventurers have come to the small mining town of Verhaven. Miners working in the nearby mines have reported strange noises and phantom footsteps from deep inside the earth, spawning superstitions throughout the town. Is the party brave enough to venture into the tunnels of Verhaven? A one-off adventure for six characters of level 3-5.

(Players may bring their own characters, but I will have a supply of pre-gens too).

Besides, I think a d20/3.5 may be more popular than AD&D 1e.

Thanks,
Paul

PS--I appreciate you switching my game to Table C. Thank you.

Too bad. I was looking forward to the 1E adventure. Don't forget that the second slot can run a bit long if desired (we've played as late as 10pm at some gamedays, though that is atypical).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads