• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday 28 (Feb 26) Event Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz

Adventurer
I’m concerned that my Fallen Jarls adventure may be too large for the time allowed and I want the players to at least have a chance of finishing their game of fun. Therefore, please allow me to replace said adventure with the following d20/3.5 adventure for the same afternoon time slot:
Switched!

Feel free to switch back if you'd like, since you have the slot locked in. I don't think Mark is the only person who'd like to play some 1e. There a few Gameday regulars that I know of who really enjoy 1e.

Gameday Axiom: If you're excited about what you're running, it's likely your players will be, too.

strider1970

First Post
Switched!

Feel free to switch back if you'd like, since you have the slot locked in. I don't think Mark is the only person who'd like to play some 1e. There a few Gameday regulars that I know of who really enjoy 1e.

Thanks! I'd love to run 1e too, but I think for 5 hours of play Jarl may be too large of a thing sadly.

Ninjacat

First Post
Okay, with slots set, here are my event write-ups:

"Feat of Clay"
Classic Cortex/Supernatural RPG
6 Players
AM Slot, Table D
FoC.jpg

A pleasantly busy afternoon at Harvelle's Roadhouse was interrupted when a psychic got a disturbing impression from a newspaper left behind by a prior visitor- -the headline read: "TEEN DROWNED IN MUD ON DRY PITCHERS MOUND"

Looks like it's time for another RoadTrip.

Feat of Clay is mystery/rescue adventure for six players in the setting of the CW's Supernatural television show. The party of Hunters from the Roadhouse will have to get to Decatur, Illinois and figure out what's going on before the killer strikes again. . .if it hasn't already by the time they get there. A dark secret has come from the distant past to take revenge, and it will continue to kill unless someone stops it. But first, the Hunters will have to figure out what the killer is and where it came from to determine how to defeat it.

Sometimes the truth is buried deep, sometimes under things that are unspeakable...

"Mutant X: After the Assault"
Cortex Plus/Smallville RPG
4-5 Players
PM Slot, Table B
SplatImage.jpg

Times are tough for the members of Mutant X.
When the Dominion demanded they turn over one of their own to be a lab rat, and tracked down scientist Adam Kane at the same time, things had become desperate. The team narrowly rescued Adam and boldly stormed the Dominion's stronghold to rescue their captured teammates- -then things got really interesting, in the Chinese curse sense...

After the Assault is an adventure RPG for up to five players in the setting of the Mutant X television show, using the Smallville RPG/Cortex Plus ruleset. No prior experience with Cortex Plus nor familiarity with the MX show is needed, though be warned that this adventure is set during the cliffhanger ending of the show! (Sadly, though renewed for a fourth season, one of the production companies went under, and it ended with major plot points unresolved. Now it's your chance to decide What Happened Next!)

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
Hey Buzz,

Laurie's wondering if your Dresden event is a new one or if you are planning to run the same one as last time?
A new one! It'll either be the scenario that was recently released, "Neutral Ground," or else a new concoction of my own. Maybe one of each if I end up running two events.

Speaking of which... anyone gonna snag those last two spots?

buzz

Adventurer
Looks like we may just be 7 and 7... but there's still time.

In the meanwhile, be sure to post your event descriptions!

"This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things"
System: D&D 4e
Players: 6
Table/Slot: Private Room/Morning

All good things must come to and end right? You’ve adventured together for the better part of five years, but now, you’re all seeing life pull you in different directions. Whether you want to settle down and run a business, pursue research, or dedicate yourself to some higher cause, adventuring together is one thing that you’re putting behind you for now. It’s not as though you didn’t have fun, and you certainly made quite a bit of money.

After besting your last trap-filled tomb—and man, was it a nasty one--it’s time to hang up the adventuring cloak and celebrate new beginnings at the Falconcall Pub in Iriaebor (Now under new management at the hands of your humble rogue, Dagger!) before you each head on your own way. It’ll be a relaxing, merry evening for all...right?

Come play out this flashback urban crawl featuring Trev’s infamous (dare I say iconic?) heroes before they were big shots fighting demons and beholders, and single-handedly saving the world from doom.

This is a high-heroic tier (9th level) 4e D&D adventure set in the Forgotten Realms (3rd edition flavor). Pre-generated celebrity look-alike characters provided. If you’re signing up, please take a look at them in advance, and pick who you want to play. People who call a character in the registration thread get first dibs. Experience with 4e preferred, but everyone’s welcome. Folks willing to roleplay their characters’ personalities (each one has some history and notes right on the sheets) highly, highly encouraged, as it only makes things more entertaining for everyone!

buzz

Adventurer
"This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things"
System: D&D 4e
Players: 6
Table/Slot: Private Room/Morning
Cool. I've switched you from "TBD" to "D&D 4e" in the first post.

In other news, I should be running a playtest of sorts this weekend for my Dresden event. yeah, I'm wimping out and running the "Neutral Grounds" scenario that was recently released. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads