• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday 28 (Feb 26) Event Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashy

First Post
Buzz,

I'm working with [MENTION=312]Ashy[/MENTION] to get a demo of Untold going for Gameday. Please replace my current event with Untold. I'll get an event description to you once I have the game. And maybe Ashy could point you to some relevant art to link to the eventual sign-up thread entry.

Absolutely - just let me know what you guys need (a bit of a newb to all of this, so use. little. words.) :p

buzz

Adventurer
Buzz,

I'm working with [MENTION=312]Ashy[/MENTION] to get a demo of Untold going for Gameday. Please replace my current event with Untold. I'll get an event description to you once I have the game. And maybe Ashy could point you to some relevant art to link to the eventual sign-up thread entry.
I've made the change, Vyv.

Untold looks pretty interesting! Too bad I'm running in the afternoon.

TracerBullet42

First Post
As long as you choose something! I would not shy away from writing some Ghosbuster goodness. You can do it!

Ok...I think I'm going to go for it. I'm working on writing a Ghostbusters game, but I may wimp out and run one of the modules if I don't like the way it turns out. I'll try to get a "blurb" done this afternoon.

TracerBullet42

First Post
"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"
Ghostbusters RPG
GM: TracerBullet42
Players: 6
Table/Slot: D/Afternoon

When there's something strange in The Windy City, who ya gonna call? Sure, it may have all started in New York City, but spooks, specters, ghosts, and goblins have been creeping up all over the world. The Ghostbusters Franchise opportunities were born as a result.

You work for the Chicago branch. Some say that Chicago may be one of the most haunted cities in the country. When Chicago's past comes back to haunt the present, it's time to take action!

(This blurb is intentionally vague because I am still writing the adventure and I reserve the right to switch to a module if I feel like my adventure stinks!)

The Ghostbusters RPG is extremely simple. No previous experience is necessary. Character creation is a snap, so we'll generate characters at the start of the session. If you want a sneak preview of the system, check it out here. (link)

Feanor Liberius

First Post
"This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things"
System: D&D 4e
Players: 6
Table/Slot: Private Room/Morning

All good things must come to and end right? You’ve adventured together for the better part of five years, but now, you’re all seeing life pull you in different directions. Whether you want to settle down and run a business, pursue research, or dedicate yourself to some higher cause, adventuring together is one thing that you’re putting behind you for now. It’s not as though you didn’t have fun, and you certainly made quite a bit of money.

After besting your last trap-filled tomb—and man, was it a nasty one--it’s time to hang up the adventuring cloak and celebrate new beginnings at the Falconcall Pub in Iriaebor (Now under new management at the hands of your humble rogue, Dagger!) before you each head on your own way. It’ll be a relaxing, merry evening for all...right?

Come play out this flashback urban crawl featuring Trev’s infamous (dare I say iconic?) heroes before they were big shots fighting demons and beholders, and single-handedly saving the world from doom.

This is a high-heroic tier (9th level) 4e D&D adventure set in the Forgotten Realms (3rd edition flavor). Pre-generated celebrity look-alike characters provided. If you’re signing up, please take a look at them in advance, and pick who you want to play. People who call a character in the registration thread get first dibs. Experience with 4e preferred, but everyone’s welcome. Folks willing to roleplay their characters’ personalities (each one has some history and notes right on the sheets) highly, highly encouraged, as it only makes things more entertaining for everyone!
I agree with Mark - nice. Have we played this one, Trev? Is this *that* bar?

Just trying to plan :)

buzz

Adventurer
Folks, what say we have all event descriptions posted by Sunday, and then we can start sign-up on Monday? Sound like a plan?

buzz

Adventurer
Okay, it's official. Player sign-up starts Feb 7 at 7pm. Post your event description if you have not already.

Dokomo

First Post
Tomb Of Horrors - 4th Edition PM Table E
for 4-6 players 9th level, bring your own or pre-gens will be provided. Experience with 4e is highly suggested. This is a large adventure, and we will certainly not complete it, but familiarity will help move things along.

Somewhere under a lost and lonely hill of grim and foreboding aspect lies a labyrinthine crypt. It is filled with terrible traps and not a few strange and ferocious monsters to slay the unwary. It lies filled with rich treasures both precious and magical, but in addition to the aforementioned guardians, there is said t be a demilich who still wards his final haunt.
Accounts relate that is is quite unlikely that any adventurers will ever find the chamber where the demilich Acererak lingers, for the passages and rooms of the tomb are fraught with terrible traps, poison gases, and magical protections. Furthermore, the demilich has so well hidden his lair that even those who avoid the pitfalls will not likely locate their true goal. Only the most well-prepared parties of the bravest and strongest should even consider the attempt, and if they do locate the tomb, they must prepare to fail . . .

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads