• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday 28 (Feb 26) Event Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjacat

First Post
In other news, I should be running a playtest of sorts this weekend for my Dresden event.

Man, and I'm actually off work this weekend!

Don't suppose you have a seat open since I'm running in both slots this time around? -I'm only about 15 minutes from you. *g*

TracerBullet42

First Post
...I'm wimping out...

Don't feel bad, Buzzster. I think I'm going to wimp out, too. I have an idea for writing my own Ghostbusters scenario, but I am slightly terrified of trying to write a Ghostbusters game. I may just do some Pathfinder instead. How long can I waffle on this before the signup thread is to go live?

Nev the Deranged

First Post
What to run?

So, here are the games I'm considering running/facilitating. If anybody has a preference, now's the time to speak up.

* Danger Patrol (pulp sf action)
* It Was a Mutual Decision (relationship drama + wererats)
* Zombie Cinema (just what it says on the tin)
* Don't Rest Your Head (insomniac madness)

and I'm kinda considering My Life With Master, although I'm not really sure I have the chops to run that well.

Ninjacat

First Post

*pout*

They ALL sound good! ..and I'm running in both slots.

I'll throw my vote behind Danger Patrol...because I've played that in the past, so if you run it this time, you might run one of the others some other time, and I might be able to play, heh. ;p

buzz

Adventurer
Man, and I'm actually off work this weekend!

Don't suppose you have a seat open since I'm running in both slots this time around? -I'm only about 15 minutes from you. *g*
Well, I'm running it in Rogers Park, if you want to hike up there. :)

Don't feel bad, Buzzster. I think I'm going to wimp out, too. I have an idea for writing my own Ghostbusters scenario, but I am slightly terrified of trying to write a Ghostbusters game. I may just do some Pathfinder instead. How long can I waffle on this before the signup thread is to go live?
As long as you choose something! I would not shy away from writing some Ghosbuster goodness. You can do it!

So, here are the games I'm considering running/facilitating. If anybody has a preference, now's the time to speak up.

and I'm kinda considering My Life With Master, although I'm not really sure I have the chops to run that well.
One great way to get the chops is to run it... :)

Danger Patrol is probably the one I'd be the most into, but they all sound good.

Ninjacat

First Post
Well, I'm running it in Rogers Park, if you want to hike up there. :)

Eeep?

Izzat after work, or something? Never let it be said Buzz ain't willing to Drive For Gaming, yowza. I'll drive to Mt. Prospect, heck, I've even driven to Antioch, but that's only a few times a year...hopefully your group comes to you, or at least middle ground, on occasion?

*doffs hat*

I think I'll sit this one out, heh. I'm willing to have faith that you'll be running more Dresden in the future. *g*

Ninjacat

First Post
Thanks again for that. Wish I could get another one going.

It'd be fun! OTOH, I may have alternative plans to such a thing; I'll fill everybody in come GameDay... *evil!grin*

Someone seems content slowly descending into oblivion unfortunately.

That would be The Rules of Life:

Rule #1: People are stupid.
(We've all done it; Something that made us stop and go: "Well, that was stupid.")

Rule #2: People are crazy.
(Seriously, do we even need an example? Just People Watch for, like, five minutes, tops.)

Rule #3 is: Ninjacat is a cynic, but that doesn't make me wrong, heh.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Buzz,

I'm working with [MENTION=312]Ashy[/MENTION] to get a demo of Untold going for Gameday. Please replace my current event with Untold. I'll get an event description to you once I have the game. And maybe Ashy could point you to some relevant art to link to the eventual sign-up thread entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads