• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday 29 is July 9th: SIGN UP TO PLAY!

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Thanks to my players for giving Witch Hunter a try. I already plan to run the second part of the Innocence Saga at the next Gameday.

Thanks to Ninjacat for another enjoyable, and weird, game of Supernatural.

buzz

Adventurer
Let the ritual begin...

The official Gameday 29 attendance count is: 41

Given the many cancellations in the afternoon, that's a really good number! And it doesn't even include a few of the people who drove down from Madison. A few people commented to me that it seemed like Gameday felt "small" this time around, but it really just the small number of events in the afternoon. If anything, the fact that we had such a good turnout, yet the events still felt "intimate" is a great thing.

So...

I want to thank: our hosts, Games Plus; all of our volunteer GMs; and everyone who showed up to play. It was great to see both old and new faces, and that people were traveling from far and wide. I can't tell you all how much I appreciate that.

I want to send out big thanks to our Burning Empires group; I had a BLAST. Bill's heroic GM'ing, Willow's face-punchingly-awesome rules mastery, and David's sly criminal mind made for a thoroughly enjoyable game. It was really cool to see BE in action and flowing quickly. Not only did I have fun, but I feel like I learned a lot about the game. I know folks were worn out by 6:30, but I seriously could have kept going. Thanks! :)

Thanks again, everyone. And keep an eye out for news about Gameday 30, or as I think we will call it: Gameday XXX.

Ninjacat

First Post
Woooooo, GameDay!

Always a blast, and this one was no exception. To Buzz & Games Plus: THANK YOU for always administrating and hosting these events, three times a year, year after year. They've been happening for a decade, and there's no doubt in my mind that they can continue for a decade longer...if not more!

To my morning Buffy the Vampire Slayer players: Thank You for a fantastic game. I haven't run Buffy outside of Gen Con for a number of years now, and it was quite a lot of fun to do it in a "normal" venue again. Everyone embraced their characters, and the in-character byplay made it that much cooler. Fantastic teamwork to finish off the Big Bad Master Vampire, too!! :cool:

And more thanks to my afternoon Supernatural players. As Kelly said, that was a weird one, but I think it worked awfully well for something that was written & produced in less than two weeks. Laurie did a great job of playing a new character possessing her old character, and everyone pulled together to set up her master plan...even though they had NO idea what it was, and she had surprised everyone (including the GM, but it worked!) by killing the party early, heh-heh. (Yes, Early. She was supposed to, but I hadn't set it up yet! :D )

And to my RoadTrip regulars: we'll get back on track after Gen Con. I still have to do a zillion things for that, first, but I'm already looking forward to next time!!! (For both RoadTrip AND GameDay!)

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Much fun as always at GP for the ENCGD29! Thanks to Buzz, thalmin, and the rest of the GP crew for all their hard work. Had a blast with WR running PF, alongside DK and the rest of the gang. TTFN, ENers, TNT!

:D

kaybeeque

First Post
:) This was my first adventure at Games Plus and I enjoyed the chance to play Pathfinder. Thanks to Games Plus for hosting and WR for the great descriptions of critical hits and misses! Thanks to the other players at the table for a fun day of gaming.

Remove ads