Chicago Gameday 30 (Oct 15th): Event planning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz

Adventurer
Another update:

I've ordered a bunch of 30-sided dice to give away as part of the "30" milestone. My current plan is to give away one die to the first 30 players who sign up. In addition, they will each be given a special "Gameday d30 table" which they can choose to invoke once per event (maybe more?). The table would have bennies like, "Re-roll the d30 and use the result in place of a roll you just made in your game," or "Gain another use of an object that would otherwise be expended."

Thoughts?

Ninjacat

First Post
HAH!

Shades of Old Skool, what with the Wacky Random Table Results, hee!

Rolling a d30 in place of 4dF could get a bit odd...but it could be fun, too. *g*

I look forward to seeing what other shenanigans appear on this chart- -there's 28 results left to go, after all!

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Would there be evil bad stuff on the d30 table too? I'd love to see really old school where at least a third of the results cause you a problem in game.

Reidzilla

Explorer
Buzz said:
I've ordered a bunch of 30-sided dice to give away as part of the "30" milestone. My current plan is to give away one die to the first 30 players who sign up.

What about the GMs! <sniff>

:)

Buzz said:
In addition, they will each be given a special "Gameday d30 table" which they can choose to invoke once per event (maybe more?). The table would have bennies like, "Re-roll the d30 and use the result in place of a roll you just made in your game," or "Gain another use of an object that would otherwise be expended."

• Regain d30 hit points. If your game system does not use hit points, you gain them regardless.
  • Inflict d30 extra damage upon the next opponent hit, regardless of whether you want to or not.

buzz

Adventurer
Would there be evil bad stuff on the d30 table too? I'd love to see really old school where at least a third of the results cause you a problem in game.
Not a bad idea! At the very least, some sort of enjoyable complication.

What about the GMs! <sniff>

:)

• Regain d30 hit points. If your game system does not use hit points, you gain them regardless.
  • Inflict d30 extra damage upon the next opponent hit, regardless of whether you want to or not.
GMs get the gift of happy players!

And consider those ideas stolen. :cool:

Reidzilla

Explorer
Minions appear! d30 (roll on table A & B) appear and do your bidding for d30 minutes.

TABLE A (roll d30)
  1. Adroit
  2. Amorous
  3. Bearded
  4. Blind
  5. Bulbous
  6. Crafty
  7. Crimson
  8. Dancing
  9. Eldritch
  10. Enlightened
  11. Flaming
  12. Genius
  13. Glowing
  14. Golden
  15. Incontinent
  16. Invisible
  17. Juggling
  18. Killer
  19. Loud
  20. Peg-legged
  21. Possessed
  22. Psychic
  23. Ravenous
  24. Scurvy
  25. Shocking
  26. Smelly
  27. Sparkly
  28. Texting
  29. Vermilion
  30. Well-dressed

TABLE B (roll d30)
  1. Animate Triacontahedrons
  2. Apes
  3. Badgers
  4. Bats
  5. Cockroaches
  6. Crocodiles
  7. Floating eyes
  8. Ghosts
  9. Goblins
  10. Homunculi (of you)
  11. Howler Monkeys
  12. Kittens
  13. Lemurs
  14. Mice
  15. Mud Golems
  16. Neanderthals
  17. Ocher Jellies
  18. Paramecium
  19. Pear Trees
  20. Penguins
  21. Poodles
  22. Rats
  23. Shrews
  24. Skeletons
  25. Smurfs
  26. Spiders
  27. Storks
  28. Talking Books
  29. Toucans
  30. Zombies

buzz

Adventurer
So, I'm wondering if maybe I should run a second slot of my Cthulhu event in afternoon so we have an even 8 and 8. I crave symmetry!

ekb

First Post
So, I'm wondering if maybe I should run a second slot of my Cthulhu event in afternoon so we have an even 8 and 8. I crave symmetry!
If I could see the blurb for said event, I'd be able to give you my thoughts... ;)

But yeah - if'n you're up for that sort of thing.

Reidzilla

Explorer
Actually, I'm considering dropping my Dice Quest event so, that would make 7 and 7. Considering the morning line-up, I doubt my playtest event will hold up.

Do you think there would be enough love for a Japanese console adventure RPG emulator, i.e. a simple, dice heavy Final Fantasy-esque style rpg?

buzz

Adventurer
Do you think there would be enough love for a Japanese console adventure RPG emulator, i.e. a simple, dice heavy Final Fantasy-esque style rpg?

No idea! I dunno from Japanese consoles. B-)

Ultimately, it's your call, 'Zilla. Perhaps the answer to both our queries is to just let sign-up happen and see what transpires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads