Chicago Gameday 33 is Nov 10th: PLANNING THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekb

First Post
Imperial Harlots

Reign: "Imperial Harlots"
20120217%20Empress%20Ajax%20NoH8.jpg

The Empress doesn't run The Empire - she doesn't want to or need to. The real power lies with you, the ministers who advise her and attend to the details that make The Empire run.

This scenario takes place on the Company level and covers domain-level actions. You don't swing a sword: you deploy armies. Or embargo nations, spread propaganda, engage in unconventional warfare, and joyfully drink the tears of your enemies. Not that they'll make it easy for you to do that...

We will assault sense & sensibility with Reign and tarot cards. "Imperial Harlots" will be the base scenario (good/bad/weird stuff happening over the course of a year of The Empire), but with table-modified characters instead of the stock ones. Reading the scenario (it's free, and explains what the game does on a battle/domain level and how it does it elegantly) might lessen some surprises, but won't spoil the scenario for you.

Content Rating: PG-13/TV-14 - nothing that's not in the news, but likely a bit too mature for younger kids.
Number of Players: 4 or 5. Can take up to 4 more players (converting major NPCs to inimical PC factions, if needed and everyone at the table is cool with some pretty vicious PvP).

• Chance {Influence}
  • Mique {Territory}
  • Radiance {Treasure}
  • Will {Might}
  • Fox {Sovereignty}

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
I'll take Monster of The Week at Table G in the morning for $1000, Buzz.
Added!

Here is my offering. Yes for the first time, I intend on Running. I am not just playing this time.

Time: morning (9:30 a.m.)

Game system: Pathfinder
BIGZNAK!

Added!

I'm in for a morning slot. Trollbabe. Let's do this thing! Dave, you're invited.
Added!

A small table in the morning, please.

This will be used to assault sense & sensibility with Reign and tarot cards.
Added!

Excellent choices, everyone. This is a really strong lineup so far.

TracerBullet42

First Post
Alrighty...we need to get to fillin' up that afternoon. I'll grab an afternoon slot. Not sure what I will run just yet, but heavily leaning towards "It Came From The Late, Late, Late Show."

willowx

First Post
Sign me up to run in the afternoon:

Savage Worlds: Deadlands: Hell on Earth: Reloaded.

Deadlands: Hell on Earth is the Post Apocalypse Weird Western, and the Savage Worlds system is fast, furious, and fun! Play a mad scientist, undead soldier, or psychic, and reload!

No experience with Savage Worlds or Deadlands: Hell on Earth necessary, but it helps. Adults only please. Space for up to 6 players available.

Not-tall table please.

Nev the Deranged

First Post
[expletive deleted], Tim... did you not just see that I signed up to run a morning slot?
(speaking of which, Ninjacat, you can shout all you want, but I was first, so nyeah :p)

Hm. Probably going to go with either the latest version of The Quiet Year, or maybe Primitive. But probably TQY. Unless I don't like the newest version, then it'll probably be Primitive.

Also I might switch to afternoon so I can play frickin' Trollbabe.

Last edited:

Ninjacat

First Post
This looks pretty awesome!

Awesome in the way that you want to facilitate half the table, or just awesome in the "All Our Hunters Are Going To Die Horribly Or Worse" way? Heh. (I did the Harry Dresden Fiasco back in March, and it was AMAZING.)

[expletive deleted], Tim... did you not just see that I signed up to run a morning slot?
(speaking of which, Ninjacat, you can shout all you want, but I was first, so nyeah :p)

Eh.
I totally started typing first, compare the lengths of our posts! (My loquaciousness does not make a speedy poster of me, no.)
Let's just say I wasn't too surprised when it turned out I wasn't first after all, and I was disappointed when I couldn't edit my subject line, heh-heh.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I'd like to run a minis game in the morning. Not sure yet if it will need a 4x8 table or maybe a larger minis table. More to come. Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads