Chicago Gameday Planning Thread

I was hoping to run a Mutants and Masterminds game this time around! Unfortunately, the 21st is my wife's birthday, and it's a big one this year too, so I'm not leaving town that day. At least not without her, and not to go gaming! :)

William Ronald

Explorer
I also vote for June 21st. I think the attendance at the last EN World game day was down because it was the day after Valentine's Day.

Joshua Dyal, good decision. I enjoy gaming as well, but family first. Wish your wife a happy birthday from everyone on the boards.

Any word on how planning for a Michigan/Ontario game day is going? If I can, I would like to attend.

Matt, thanks for caring on the game days. Mark, I hope that you are well. (I added a little more to the Where has Mark been? thread.)

Last edited:

MattyHelms

First Post
Sounding like the 21st is a good day...

Let me pose another question before we decide for sure -

How would the 14th be for everybody?

The 15th is Father's Day, so I'm curious what kind of effect this would have on turnout.

Thanks,
Matt

Being the father in my little family, if I can't get away on father's day weekend to do some father's hobbies, then something's wrong! ;)

WR, I haven't heard much on the Detroit/Windsor game day in a few weeks. Last I heard, folks were still trying to round up a venue.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Flag Day would be OK for me, too, but I like the summer solstice better, if only to give me an extra week to work on the game I plan to offer. But yeah, the 14th would be fine.

MattyHelms

First Post
Well, kids, it's looking like we're going to stick with June 21st.

Mark your calendars and watch the boards - we'll start planning around the end of the month!

As always, feel free to drop me a line if you want to pitch in!

Thanks,
Matt

Quickbeam

Explorer
The only weekend in June that is definitely out for me is the weekend of the 27-29th. My little sister happens to be getting married to one of my best friends that weekend. Being the Best Man and all, I think that I should attend ;).

Too bad JD won't be able to attend if the date holds. This will be the second lost chance to carpool to Chicago and talk RPGs for 4+ hours.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
It's still a long way off and I am getting anxious again! I hope the guys that showed up from RPG.net will still have the chance to join us again. I had a blast in the Unknown Armies! :)

MattyHelms

First Post
Quickbeam - congratulations on your sister's wedding. I'm glad you'll be able to make it - of course, now that you're running Call of Cthulhu, there's no way I can run for you again :)

Mark - I know!!!! I am so ready to start planning some games to play or run, but can't make up my mind! Also, there should be some of the same RPG.net people there, since I am gaming with some of 'em every week :)

Thanks,
Matt

Remove ads