Chicago Gameday Planning Thread

originally posted by Mark
It's still a long way off and I am getting anxious again! I hope the guys that showed up from RPG.net will still have the chance to join us again. I had a blast in the Unknown Armies!

YOU'RE anxious! Summer means graduation. Summer means freedom. Summer means sleep. Summer means GAMEDAY!!!!

Once the musical is over (the next two weekends...speaking of which...

*SHAMELESS PLUG!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Bolingbrook High School is proud to present George and Ira Gerscwhin's Crazy For You April 4, 5, 6, 11, and 12. Showtimes are at 7, with a 2 p.m. Sunday the 6th matinee performance. Email me if you want some more information and possibly driving directions! (Beware the BHS auditorium if you are rather large or have circulation problems--the "comfortable" and "luxurious" chairs may cause you distress) It's been a hellish week of rehearsals this week and that means only one thing--

WE'RE GONNA HAVE SOME DAMN GOOD SHOWS!!!!

*AHEM* /Shamless plug

Mark, anything extra special i should know about Whispering Woodwind since I'll be running it at the gameday?? :D

Bendris Noulg

First Post
Originally posted by Mark on another thread:
BTW, Bendris? When the hell are you going to join us at a Chicago Gameday? :)
They never happen on a "good day". I check every time, though. The one last June was almost good, but I got sent to Norfolk on a temporary assignment just before it happened (and came home just before the Boston Game Day...:mad: ).

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Bendris Noulg said:
They never happen on a "good day". I check every time, though. The one last June was almost good, but I got sent to Norfolk on a temporary assignment just before it happened (and came home just before the Boston Game Day...:mad: ).

Bummer. I hope this one works out for you. I think almost all of the regular Chicago EN World posters have made it to at least one gameday except you and BOZ.

Bendris Noulg

First Post
Yeah... I've seriously thought about running an Aedon game at one just to show some folks what it's like...

I think I'm catching word of this one early enough to consider it.

Hmmm...

d20Dwarf

Explorer
The Illinois State Championships for air hockey are that weekend, so I'll be in town, but I'm not sure if I could make it to the GameDay (play usually retires around 7-8pm.

If someone were hosting a game that evening, however..... :D

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
d20Dwarf said:
The Illinois State Championships for air hockey are that weekend, so I'll be in town, but I'm not sure if I could make it to the GameDay (play usually retires around 7-8pm.

If someone were hosting a game that evening, however..... :D

Where are they being held? There's always the "after party" to join up and such. Are you in for the full weekend?

MattyHelms

First Post
Party!!!!

Yeah, there are no details yet, but you can usually count on a nice after-Gameday gathering! Keep your eyes on the threads and we'll get some concrete details together as we get closer!

Thanks,
Matt

BTW - State Champoinships for Air Hockey? How cool is that?!?!?

Last edited:

d20Dwarf

Explorer
Re: Party!!!!

MattyHelms said:
Yeah, there are no details yet, but you can usually count on a nice after-Gameday gathering! Keep your eyes on the threads and we'll get some concrete details together as we get closer!

Thanks,
Matt

BTW - State Champoinships for Air Hockey? How cool is that?!?!?

It's very cool, although not as cool as the World Championships I just got back from that were held in Las Vegas. :D

I'll keep my eyes open. Mark, I will be in the whole weekend, but most of it will be taken up by air hockey play. Saturday night is probably the only free time I'll reasonably have. The tournament is going to be held in Naperville.

If anyone's interested in coming out and watching on Sunday or even Friday night for doubles, then I'll post the details here.

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
The 14th is probably better for me. Solstice is a religious holiday for some of us, you know, but I'm not sure yet whether it's on the 21st or 20th this year.

MattyHelms

First Post
Dinkeldog said:
The 14th is probably better for me. Solstice is a religious holiday for some of us, you know, but I'm not sure yet whether it's on the 21st or 20th this year.

It's the 21st this year. We took our chances that more people would have a conflict with Father's Day than the Solstice.

Keep us posted!
Matt

Remove ads