Chicago Gameday XI is 7/9: Planning thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz

Adventurer
Reidzilla said:
Ummm...well, the last line of my event post says "Morning slot, table by the door" so I guess the answer would be... the morning slot! :p
That's what I get for posting in the wee hours wihtout my glasses.

Quickbeam

Explorer
I'd like to keep my string of attending every other Chicago Gameday in tact, so with that in mind let me say that both the 18th and 25th pose challenges for me. The earlier date conflicts with my Little League coaching duties, while the latter date comes just before I leave town for vacation.

In any event, I will do my best to make this happen and will probably run a good old fashioned Call of Cthulhu game in the morning.

buzz

Adventurer
Quickbeam said:
The earlier date conflicts with my Little League coaching duties, while the latter date comes just before I leave town for vacation.
Obviously, you'll need to stop coaching and change your vacation plans. It's the only logical choice.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I checked the schedule at the store. We have 2 ccg tourneys scheduled for the 18th. So that leaves the 25 open. July 9th is also open.
If these don't work, June 11th is available, but I can't make it then.

buzz

Adventurer
Well, sounds like 6/25 or 7/9, then. 6/25 is still my preference, though I'd be sad if it precluded Pb or FC from attending.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
i don't currently have any plans at all for June or July (well, my baby's as-yet-unscheduled baptism, likely to be a sunday anyway), so whenever is good for me. ;)

when is Mom's day? or Dad's day for that matter?

Ninjacat

First Post
d20 Mutants & Masterminds entry:

Land of the Lost Heroes

When the evil Obadakawa Corporation's latest experiment with Demon Crystals blows up in their corrupt businessmen faces before the TRU Heroes can stop it, the team will be forced to deal with the aftermath...

Characters provided (designing adventure for 6 players, but I can easily tack on a walk-in or two if there's interest) and (very fast & loose) rules taught as needed. Any table is fine, 'slong as it has chairs; morning slot preferred (eyes FCWesel's Nine Lives game... hey, ninja-CAT, here; nickname of "CatBoy" since forever, ask Reidzilla... *snicker*)

FCWesel

First Post
June 11 is okay with me, though that would keep Thalmin from attending, and that just doesn't seem right.

June 25 is simply not within the realm of possibility for me, I'm afraid. Too many other things going on, including a good buddy coming in from the Big Apple.

July 09 is good (Actually, it is very good.) for me.

Whatever works best for the group and Game Day is cool with me. If I can't make it, there's always next time! Worst case, maybe I can run the games I listed on some other Saturday as a one-shot special event of some kind. That way Buzz can play "Nine Lives."

No worries, mates; it's all good, all the time.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
July 9th is fine by me, as were the two previous dates proposed (June 18th and 25th). June 11th seems bad since thalmin couldn't attend. I just don't think we should have a Chicago Gameday without thalmin...even if we had to pick a day where he'd be there alone...all by himself...sitting in the dark...rolling up a solitaire dungeon with a first edition DMG and some heavily-rounded, low-impact dice. NOW THAT'D BE A GAMEDAY! HUZZAH! :heh:

FCWesel

First Post
Mark said:
...all by himself...sitting in the dark...rolling up a solitaire dungeon with a first edition DMG and some heavily-rounded, low-impact dice. NOW THAT'D BE A GAMEDAY! HUZZAH! :heh:

Add some Jello and a hot day and it sounds like a regular event a Casa'Thalmin. ;)

A "Extra Special Imaginary Edible Action Point"(tm) for the first person to note the source of my refrence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads