• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XVI planning thread - Feb 24th: Head to the sign-up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracerBullet42

First Post
rvalle said:
Man, no halfling fun...
Ok, since those are about the saddest words I have ever seen, I think I would like to reclaim a GM spot in the afternoon, Buzz.

This time around, I bring you:

Slot 2, Game 7: "THE REDCOATS GIANT, FRICKIN' ELEPHANTS WITH CITIES ON THEIR BACKS ARE COMING!!!"
D&D 3.5
TracerBullet42

"I wish to be a halfling again." When Wilimac Harbuckle uttered those words, he had no idea what would happen. (Not too different from any other words he ever uttered.) Who knew it would lead to a stampede?

THE REDCOATS GIANT, FRICKIN' ELEPHANTS WITH CITIES ON THEIR BACKS ARE COMING!!! is a D&D 3.5 adventure for up to six players that follows up on the previous gameday games "The Runaway Bride," "The King's Wedding Day...or should I say DEADDING DAY!!! (Is that McBain-y enough for you?)," and "Excuse Me, But I Believe I Ordered the Pineapple Special." It is not necessary for you to have played in these games, but may help make sense of all the madness. Characters will be provided, and no experience is necessary. We will be using a few simple house rules and the facing rules from Unearthed Arcana. All rules will be taught as we play, but you can take a sneak peak there if you're interested.

Come, play, and have fun...or else!

Sorry Curt, looks like it'll be a late night.

Last edited:

rvalle

First Post
TracerBullet42 said:
Ok, since those are about the saddest words I have ever seen, I think I would like to reclaim a GM spot in the afternoon, Buzz.

Oh man... I wasn't trying to guilt you into running a game! Honest... I was just razzing you a bit. Please, feel free to play in something. Wilimac can hold off for one Game Day. :)

TracerBullet42

First Post
rvalle said:
Oh man... I wasn't trying to guilt you into running a game! Honest... I was just razzing you a bit. Please, feel free to play in something. Wilimac can hold off for one Game Day. :)
Don't sweat it...I haven't GM'd anything since the last gameday, and I'm excited to do it again.

Besides, I'll still be able to jump into the CoC d20 in the morning and make things difficult for Trev...

What?

buzz

Adventurer
TracerBullet42 said:
Posters have been dropped off at Games Plus.

And there was much rejoicing.
And here I was about to chew you out for ditching my GW game.

BOOYAH! Thanks!

TracerBullet42

First Post
buzz said:
And here I was about to chew you out for ditching my GW game.

BOOYAH! Thanks!
Would it be better if I moved my game to the morning slot since the minis-table is not really a "sanctioned" event this time around?

That'd free me up to play the Toto-bot...

*Edit: In fact, let's do that. Can you move my game to a morning slot instead of an afternoon slot?

That's TracerBullet42...being more disruptive to the thread than FCWesel this time around.

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
TracerBullet42 said:
*Edit: In fact, let's do that. Can you move my game to a morning slot instead of an afternoon slot?
Ha! My nefarious scheme worked! ;)

Done. I'm putting together the sign-up post as we speak; it should go live later tonight, or possibly tomorrow.

Nev the Deranged

First Post
I saw the posters over at Plus today while picking up some dice for DRYH / Mechaton (which both use lots of various colors of d6s). They look nice, even in BW. Good job.

Looking forward to this, even if I'm a bit trepidatious (yes I made that word up) about my first GMing experience since... well, to be perfectly honest, grade school. A bit of halfassed this and that between then and now, but nothing worthy of the name. Fortunately DRYH's mechanics are a slice of pie, and a lot of the creative burden is just following player cues... guess I'll be giving my improv skills a workout.

I assume we're doing breakfast across the street like last time?

buzz

Adventurer
Nev the Deranged said:
Looking forward to this, even if I'm a bit trepidatious (yes I made that word up) about my first GMing experience since... well, to be perfectly honest, grade school. A bit of halfassed this and that between then and now, but nothing worthy of the name. Fortunately DRYH's mechanics are a slice of pie, and a lot of the creative burden is just following player cues... guess I'll be giving my improv skills a workout.
Ah, you'll be fine. Piece o' cake!

Nev the Deranged said:
I assume we're doing breakfast across the street like last time?
Any are welcome to attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads