• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XVI planning thread - Feb 24th: Head to the sign-up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reidzilla

Explorer
buzz said:
We have everyone's event description except for Cerebral Paladin, but I think that's probably good enough for flyer-creation. If Reidzilla or anyone else would like to whip one up, please feel welcome. I don't have time to do one in the next week, but can do afterwards if no one else has created a flyer by then.

My only request is that you make sure the important info (e.g., the name of the event, the date, the location) is clearly readable from a distance. High contrast, blocky fonts = good.

Here is a preview of the poster. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• GameDay16posterweb.jpg
    GameDay16posterweb.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 75

Nev the Deranged

First Post
buzz said:
Slot 2, Game 5: Follow, follow, follow, follow, follow the Legion of Gold!
Gamma World 1st ed.
buzz

In a world torn apart by radioactive holocaust... lay the city of the Munch's Kin, a gleaming oasis of peace and comfort, at least for those under three feet tall. But, all is not well. Tales have come from the blasted suburbs of marauding, golden warriors bent on destruction! Gleen-Da, the Good Overbrain of the North and leader of the Kin of Munch has appealed to you, heroes of the wastelands, for help:
  • Capt. Dorothy Baum, human explorer from Wichita Dome Complex.
  • TOTO-epsilon-4, Tactical Operations Terrier Organobot, the Captain's faithful sidekick
  • The One They Call Scarecrow, shotgun-toting neo-zombie
  • A sapient, pre-war exosuit Captain affectionately calls "Tinman"
  • Lyon, savage and feral genevolved predator
  • Barty, Kin representative of the Li Paup monastery
Will you learn the secret of the golden warriors? Will you be able to bring peace to the shattered lands of the Munch? Will you be attacked by mutant death badgers with GIANT FRICKING LASER BEAMS shooting from their eyes? Quite probably!

Pregens will be provided. No previous experience with the system necessary.

Daaaaamn, dude. I totally wish I was into Gamma World now. That's hawt.

rowport

First Post
Buzz-

Just know that I am holding back on my ever-so-witty reply in order to comply with the spirit of the Eric's Grandmother rule.

So, instead, I will let Uni speak for me. Uni?

trit, trot, trit, trot

Yeh! Bleaahn! Snort.

Thank you, folks. That was Uni the Unicorn.

buzz

Adventurer
Reidzilla said:
Here is a preview of the poster. Let me know what you think.
Nice! Three things, though:

1. I'd say "Basic D&D," rather than "Original." The latter implies the little brown books, iirc.

2. The "your" in "Don't Rest Your Head" needs to be capitalized.

3. Odds are it will be printed in B&W. You might have to remove the color gradient background in order for it to be legible. I'd maybe do a print test and see how it looks.

Thanks, for stepping up, 'Zilla!

FCWesel

First Post
buzz said:
1. I'd say "Basic D&D," rather than "Original." The latter implies the little brown books, iirc.

As the Master of Ceremonies for the Basic D&D Event, I agree with Buzz. Not too mention some of these young gaming whipper-snappers of today might think 3.0 was the "original D&D"! ;)

Reidzilla

Explorer
buzz said:
Nice! Three things, though:

2. The "your" in "Don't Rest Your Head" needs to be capitalized.

3. Odds are it will be printed in B&W. You might have to remove the color gradient background in order for it to be legible. I'd maybe do a print test and see how it looks.

Thanks, for stepping up, 'Zilla!

Done! Who would like to print it?

buzz

Adventurer
Okay, folks. I'm going to start the sign-up thread Monday evening, if possible. I think we're just waiting on Cerebral Paladin; I shot him an email today, so he'll hopefully post soon.

FCWesel

First Post
buzz said:
Okay, folks. I'm going to start the sign-up thread Monday evening, if possible. I think we're just waiting on Cerebral Paladin; I shot him an email today, so he'll hopefully post soon.

No rush Buzz, if it happens next weekend, I don't think it'll make a difference on sign-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads