• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XVI planning thread - Feb 24th: Head to the sign-up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slot 1, Game 5: "Rule, Britannia"
Ars Magica 5th Ed.
Adam Morse

The year is 1801 and shipping is the lifeblood of England in its struggle against revolutionary France. Join the officers, mages, and men of H.M.S. Circe as they strive to defend the merchant ships of the West Indies against French privateers,
men-of-war, and magic. A game in the style of Hornblower and Aubrey,
with a mix of action and role-playing, using the Ars Magica rules.
Novices welcome; characters supplied and rules will be taught. A very brief rules summary is attached for players' reference, but don't worry about it-- I'll take care of complexities and explain things as necessary. (3-7 players, no more than 6 preferred.)

(If necessary... 7. )

Attachments

• Rules summary.rtf
    8 KB · Views: 160

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Just to be clear (before you begin the player sign ups), I'm not attached to the painting table. I had only planned on sitting and doing some painting if there was one. You should make it "BYOP supplies" if you put it on the schedule with no chaperone. I'm even leaning toward sitting in on the Ars Magica game since that historical period interests me and I have never played in that system before.

As always, ePrize support from CMG goes out to anyone who runs a slot. Merely contact me after the gameday with your best available email address, screenname, real name, and with "Chicago Gameday Feb 07" in the subject line and I will set you up with a prize. Anyone who plays in my d20/D&D slot can contact me as well with the same information for a special ePrize. Thanks to everyone for supporting the gameday! And thanks particularly to thalmin and Buzz for hosting and coordinating this great event! :)

buzz

Adventurer
Mark CMG said:
Just to be clear (before you begin the player sign ups), I'm not attached to the painting table. I had only planned on sitting and doing some painting if there was one. You should make it "BYOP supplies" if you put it on the schedule with no chaperone. I'm even leaning toward sitting in on the Ars Magica game since that historical period interests me and I have never played in that system before.
Duly noted. Since no one has actually come forward to run a seminar, I should probably not list it as an actual event, but just say, "Open mini painting table" and BYOP as you state.

Mark CMG said:
As always, ePrize support from CMG goes out to anyone who runs a slot. Merely contact me after the gameday with your best available email address, screenname, real name, and with "Chicago Gameday Feb 07" in the subject line and I will set you up with a prize. Anyone who plays in my d20/D&D slot can contact me as well with the same information for a special ePrize.
Thanks, Mark!

rvalle

First Post
TracerBullet42 said:
Ok, after much thought, contemplation, and a coin flip, I've decided to drop my afternoon game slot because I really, REALLY would like to play in this game.

And with my desire to try out the CoC d20 in the morning, I think that I will sit this gameday out as a GM and just play all day.

So, Buzz, can you remove my afternoon TBA slot? Thanks!

Doh! But... gasp... But what happens to ME!? I got that ring and there was that weird time travel thing and... and...

Man. Signups are gonna be hard.... I mean...like... OMG.

I could definitely go for IH, especially since I still need to avenge my first characters ever who are still inside the Tomb of Horrors since my first campaign ended. Not to mention avenging the characters my grandma lost in there....

But god. Gamma Oz? That's just. Brilliant.

And Mark's game?

And.. and... superhero fun with ninjacat?!

and a game run by FCWeasel, who for some reason which escapes me, seems to be popular at these gamedays. ;) :p (okay. i'm kidding. just bitter that you're so quick to take the coveted room.)

and a brand new system... jeeze. Can't handle the decisions, man.

TracerBullet42

First Post
rvalle said:
Doh! But... gasp... But what happens to ME!? I got that ring and there was that weird time travel thing and... and...
hehehe...

If I somehow don't manage to get into the CoC or Wizard of Oz game, I'll jump back into the GM circle and carry on the adventures of the halfling (finally a halfling again) twins...

But I still feel it is your destiny to take over that "campaign."

You know it to be true...

Otherwise, there's always next game day.

rvalle

First Post
TracerBullet42 said:
hehehe...

If I somehow don't manage to get into the CoC or Wizard of Oz game, I'll jump back into the GM circle and carry on the adventures of the halfling (finally a halfling again) twins...

But I still feel it is your destiny to take over that "campaign."

You know it to be true...

Otherwise, there's always next game day.

Man, no halfling fun and no FCWeasle Serenity either.

Ah well. I'll have to find ANOTHER game where my talents are appreciated. :)

Take over!? I've honestly not thought about it. I think I'll need a long time to get used to my new DM shoes before I'll feel confident enough to run a game at Game Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads