• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XVI planning thread - Feb 24th: Head to the sign-up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pbartender

First Post
buzz said:
Barty, Kin representative of the Li Paup monastery

As in Billy?

Man, I wish you were running this in the morning, so I could play in it.

Fortunately, I've got Basic D&D and Call of Cthulhu to choose from instead. :D

TracerBullet42

First Post
buzz said:
Slot 2, Game 5: Follow, follow, follow, follow, follow the Legion of Gold!
Gamma World 1st ed.
buzz

In a world torn apart by radioactive holocaust... lay the city of the Munch's Kin, a gleaming oasis of peace and comfort, at least for those under three feet tall. But, all is not well. Tales have come from the blasted suburbs of marauding, golden warriors bent on destruction! Gleen-Da, the Good Overbrain of the North and leader of the Kin of Munch has appealed to you, heroes of the wastelands, for help:
  • Capt. Dorothy Baum, human explorer from Wichita Dome Complex.
  • TOTO-epsilon-4, Tactical Operations Terrier Organobot, the Captain's faithful sidekick
  • The One They Call Scarecrow, shotgun-toting neo-zombie
  • A sapient, pre-war exosuit Captain affectionately calls "Tinman"
  • Lyon, savage and feral genevolved predator
  • Barty, Kin representative of the Li Paup monastery
Will you learn the secret of the golden warriors? Will you be able to bring peace to the shattered lands of the Munch? Will you be attacked by mutant death badgers with GIANT FRICKING LASER BEAMS shooting from their eyes? Quite probably!

Pregens will be provided. No previous experience with the system necessary.
Ok, after much thought, contemplation, and a coin flip, I've decided to drop my afternoon game slot because I really, REALLY would like to play in this game.

And with my desire to try out the CoC d20 in the morning, I think that I will sit this gameday out as a GM and just play all day.

So, Buzz, can you remove my afternoon TBA slot? Thanks!

TracerBullet42

First Post
How's that flyer coming along? I'll gladly print and deliver to Games Plus again...but my flyer skills aren't even up to Kent's standards, so I don't think you want me designing it.

buzz

Adventurer
TracerBullet42 said:
So, Buzz, can you remove my afternoon TBA slot? Thanks!
Done. We're back to our usual six-and-six schedule.

TracerBullet42 said:
How's that flyer coming along? I'll gladly print and deliver to Games Plus again...but my flyer skills aren't even up to Kent's standards, so I don't think you want me designing it.
We have everyone's event description except for Cerebral Paladin, but I think that's probably good enough for flyer-creation. If Reidzilla or anyone else would like to whip one up, please feel welcome. I don't have time to do one in the next week, but can do afterwards if no one else has created a flyer by then.

My only request is that you make sure the important info (e.g., the name of the event, the date, the location) is clearly readable from a distance. High contrast, blocky fonts = good.

rowport

First Post
Edited Game Marketing Blurb

Dungeons & Dragons - The Animated Series! "Beneath the Blade of Sword Mountain"
D&D

Nostalgia is a powerful tool-- it can make 37-year olds enjoy poorly animated cartoons aimed at 8-year olds. Now, you, too can re-live the magic!

This scenerio uses D&D 3.5 rules playing the famed adventurers from the 1983 cartoon series. For those of you whose memories are fuzzy about that classic series, the stars include the following illuminaries:
* Hank the Ranger!
* Presto the Wizard!
* Bobby the Barbarian!
* Sheila the Thief!
* Eric the Cavalier!
* Diana the Acrobat!
* and... for anybody who likes bleating farm animals... Uni the Unicorn!

The adventure comes along with the (utterly fantastic) DVD set of said cartoon, so no fair cheating a peek if you have not read it already. But as long as you overact appropriately, I will let cheating slide.

A game of cheesy nostalgia for 6 players (or 7 for unicorn-lovers). Pre-generated 7th level cartoon characters will be provided. Fond memories of the series are not required, but will probably help the fun factor.

Buzz-

I edited my Marketing Blurb to add a couple explanatory details, like pre-gens provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads