Chicago Gameday XX was June 14th: AFTERMATH

ekb

First Post
buzz said:
Both of those events are now full.
Umm... I thought I had 2 seats left for ADatR - 8 PCs are ready to go as we speak.

Not that I mind having a smaller group, but we're running out of seats for walk-ins...

Second the reservation idea.

buzz

Adventurer
ekb said:
Umm... I thought I had 2 seats left for ADatR - 8 PCs are ready to go as we speak.

Not that I mind having a smaller group, but we're running out of seats for walk-ins...
Fixed! Sorry, ekb, I had thought you requested the seats be reduced to six. I probably got your event confused with the Paranoia event.

ekb

First Post
Compromise: Limit the online signups for ADatR to six (which we have) - leaving room for 2 walk-ins.

The way I read it from the front page, we have - as of Wed AM - 8 open slots for walk-ins. Total. Which doesn't do much for opening up the event to people who don't already know about us...

Breakfast is looking like it'll fit into a "large party" by Le Peep's standards. If we'll NOT be table-hopping, we need to make a reservation. Additionally, they'll want us all on one check with a fixed gratuity included (IIRC 15%). If that changes your RSVP for breakfast, I'd say speak up now or cope with the consequences later.

buzz

Adventurer
ekb said:
Compromise: Limit the online signups for ADatR to six (which we have) - leaving room for 2 walk-ins.
I'm fine leaving it with eight if you are. I was just confused before. :)

ekb said:
The way I read it from the front page, we have - as of Wed AM - 8 open slots for walk-ins. Total. Which doesn't do much for opening up the event to people who don't already know about us...
Based on past performance, eight is actually a lot of slots for AM walk-ins. The number of walk-ins tends to be pretty inconsistent, especially for the AM slot. I understand the desire to accommodate them, but honestly my priority are the people who signed up in advance and the volunteer GMs. Ergo, I leave it up to the GMs to decide whether they want to run if they have few or no sign-ups.

(I removed mine because: a) I would have needed at least two more people to make a viable game, and 2) anything that is not D&D or Cthulhu tends to be a hard sell for walk-ins, IME. That would leave me and my guest—who flew out from Wyoming for this thing—hunting for an event in the afternoon. I felt more comfortable making sure we had something scheduled.)

ekb said:
Breakfast is looking like it'll fit into a "large party" by Le Peep's standards. If we'll NOT be table-hopping, we need to make a reservation. Additionally, they'll want us all on one check with a fixed gratuity included (IIRC 15%). If that changes your RSVP for breakfast, I'd say speak up now or cope with the consequences later.
I've gone ahead and made a reservation (see the first post). Le Peep has allowed us to do separate checks the last few times, and the manager I spoke had no problem with it.

Just remember to tip well, folks! :)

Ninjacat

First Post
Vyvyan Basterd said:
:\ No pressure there!

Sitting in Vyv's game: "I flew all the way from Wyoming for this crap?!"

:D

Well, you could just have the Computer tell them they're a 17th level character as it dispenses nine swords to them alone and hand the player one of your last event's characters, complete with the special battle cards, that ought to be impressive. . .or frighten them away entirely. One or the other, I'm sure...

buzz

Adventurer
Vyvyan Basterd said:
:\ No pressure there!

Sitting in Vyv's game: "I flew all the way from Wyoming for this crap?!"

:D
Oh, she's an old school Paranoia vet who's glad to even be playing. Her estimation of your game can only go up from there! :)

Reidzilla

Explorer
Buzz,

Here are the character sheets for my game. Could you link them to their names in my event description?

Thanks!

<EDIT> Sorry everybody, it seems in my haste to shrink the size of these down to EN World specs all of the text dropped off.

Attachments

• TOC_the_Stalker1.pdf
    219.3 KB · Views: 85
  • TOC_Iron_Fist1.pdf
    186.3 KB · Views: 83
  • TOC_Lord_Noble1.pdf
    200 KB · Views: 86
  • TOC_the_Knave1.pdf
    184.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Well, I hope to get a few more sign ups, but I will see if I have enough people to run my game -which is designed for six players. (I can adjust on the fly.)

Remove ads