• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XX was June 14th: AFTERMATH

William Ronald

Explorer
Thanks to Trev and Hinterwelt for being great GMs. I had a lot of fun with both games, especially as I did not get to run my event. Thanks to GORAK and the Fenril Knight for showing up for my game.

WJMacGuffin

Explorer
My turn! Thanks, firstly, to the Games Plus crew and Buzz for getting this thing off the ground.

Thanks to everyone who played H3, especially for the feedback. If you have more, I want to hear it! Please send me an email (biggles AT friendcomputer DOT net). My favorite moments:
* Myhabal the devil - "You're my favorite, sweetheart!"
* Chris losing his stun baton to Sharrauna but blaming Rapora.
* Eli rolling a Critical Win and taking down the nightclub owner.
* Three people going insane and then not in one turn.
* Keel Tings going postal and shooting a Cannon while in an underwater base and the ensuing 3 deaths.
* The team meeting nasty spirits and, instead of bravely fighting them, running away--until Eli made a wall that cut half the team off.

Thanks to everyone who played PARANOIA, especially for enduring my singing. My favorite moments:
* "He looks fine to me." -- Rapora, discussing the team leader who was floating face down in the sewers with a smoking laser hole in the back of his head.
* The way all NPCs started with different accents but eventually settled into some kind of Southerner with a speech impediment.
* Sharaunna hitting the 'X' button in the Date With Death game show.
* Somebody filling out a Communist Membership Request form with Rapora's name on it.
* "What's ten feet tall and loaded for bear? What's a bear?"
* Agility 01 vs. Climbing out of a sewer while a hungry gator is slowly moving closer (and everyone else just watches)

Special thanks to Rapora for being a good sport and catching a pie with her face. You rock.

qatesiurade

First Post
ekb said:
BTW - tell Keightie that she needs to run Deadlands next GD. I'll bring the "tasty beverages" discussed... ;)

K8e here, and you are ON, Keith! Might not be the VERY NEXT GD but one within the next year. I'm all over it.

I think I'll need us to play a round of Shab al Hiri Roach next time, too. That game is PERFECT for GD!!!!

Woot. As such.

Tofu_Master

Explorer
Another great gameday. Thanks Curt for lending out the store for gamedays and Buzz for always doing an exceptional job. I owe a special thanks to both Reid & Bill HinterWelt. You each gave me REALLY cool things!!! That was very sweet of each of you.

rSee everyone next gameday. :cool:

- Natasha

HinterWelt

First Post
Tofu_Master said:
Another great gameday. Thanks Curt for lending out the store for gamedays and Buzz for always doing an exceptional job. I owe a special thanks to both Reid & Bill HinterWelt. You each gave me REALLY cool things!!! That was very sweet of each of you.

rSee everyone next gameday. :cool:

- Natasha
Theo very much likes his bouncy eraser thingy. Thank you!

Bill

Remove ads