• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XXIII Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJMacGuffin

Explorer
Hi Buzz! I'll take an evening slot, if I could, but if push comes to shove, I could run this in the AM instead. Thanks.

Morning Game: Fugue
**********, WJ MacGuffin
6 slots.

“You should have all the gear and information you need when you arrive. If not, contact us and we will send what we can through regular channels. The target will be inserted nearby and can be reached by foot or trolley. Friendly fire is NOT permitted! Unauthorized killing of personalities will not be tolerated. Agents responsible for such will be terminated with loss of pension. If there are difficulties, call us. Do not engage any psychopomps or other archetypes while in-country. Thank you.”

[FONT=&quot]Looking for something different? Then try this mystery game! [/FONT][FONT=&quot]You will discover the game, rules, and plot as you play.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]The system encourages narration and storytelling, so if you’re looking for a game where you slay creatures and make lots of die rolls, move along. However, if you're looking for a game experience that's weird, includes Jungian psychology, bears little resemblance to reality, and is rules-light, then sign up already! You should bring d6s and, if you'd like, a cell phone that might be used during the game. Different isn't always better, but in this case, it is!

[/FONT]

Last edited:

Gwen110

Explorer
I am trying to find out if my schedule permits for this day. However, the game that requires a cell phone is interesting. Who's calling? Unknown name, unknown number?

buzz

Adventurer
So, that's Cartoon Action Hour, Season 2: After These Messages Expansion in slot one, title TBD but using "the StormBirds", for five players, no experience necessary, I'll get back to you with a blurb

Afternoon: Supernatural, Cortex, "Nightmare City", for up to 6 players. No experience needed, but knowledge of the show will be helpful, though not required. Blurb on that later, too.
Added! Keep me posted on the CAH thing.

Hi Buzz! I'll take an evening slot, if I could, but if push comes to shove, I could run this in the AM instead. Thanks.

Morning Game: Fugue
**********, WJ MacGuffin
6 slots.
You had to go an confuse me by asking for the afternoon and then calling the event "Morning Game," didn't you. Added, as soon as I fix my mistake.

Reidzilla

Explorer
Hi Buzz!

Save me a morning slot please! I'm still percolating on what I want to run.

You should bring d6s and a cell phone.

You might want to specify if you mean a cell phone with texting or other required ability. I would hate to sign up for your game only to find out I could not play because I don't have a texting plan.

Last edited:

TracerBullet42

First Post
Wish I could make it this time around, but I'll be on my honeymoon with Ninja Librarian (I think when she takes my name we can call her TracerBullette.)

And in that context, I don't really wish I could make it.

Have fun without us!

Pbartender

First Post
Wish I could make it this time around, but I'll be on my honeymoon with Ninja Librarian (I think when she takes my name we can call her TracerBullette.)

And in that context, I don't really wish I could make it.

Have fun without us!

Congrats, Rob!

Sadly, Gameday is the weekend before my birthday, and my wife is already planning... something.

AnthonyRoberson

First Post
Descending Into the Unknown
An Introductory Adventure for HackMaster Basic
6 slots
Afternoon (preferably)

Grab a pre-gen or bring your own 1st level PC and join in the exploration of the ruins of Driskoll's Folly. No previous knowledge of HackMaster required! The dungeon will be laid out with Fat Dragon's excellent E-Z Dungeons card models for maximum impact. Why play 4th Edition, when you can play 5th?!

Last edited:

ekb

First Post
PX Poker Night

a_friend_in_need.jpg

PX Poker Night

Nemesis rules (attached - same ORE basis as Reign, Monsters & Other Childish Things, Wild Talents, Godlike, yadda yadda yadda).

5-6 players (but could take up to 11), randomized dice-based chargen at the table (I'll have pregens on hand, since doing more than 5 characters will start eating into playing time), lots of blood and violence = PG-13 rather than G, somewhat gritty flavor...

Platte AFB is the last stop on the road to dishonorable discharge.

It's one step up from a military prison, and the spartan facilities at the base reflect this. The base is composed of a dozen buildings and two airstrips in the middle of a Nebraska wasteland. The only traffic the base sees is from decommissioned surplus aircraft that arrive once or twice a month. Helicopters, trainers, and even some jets find their way here before being sold to foreign governments or sold as scrap. With little to do, the personnel mostly just kill time, waiting for their terms of enlistment to end.

Saturday evenings at 8pm, however, it’s PX poker night. Even Major Sprague plays, while those who are in dutch with Sprague pull duty. PX poker night is one of the only high points in the week for the base personnel, due to the simple fact you can win your superiors’ money.

This Saturday’s PX poker night is about to take a turn for the bizarre . . . and deadly.

Cast of Pregens (by rank):
2nd Lt. M. O'Shea, Executive Officer
Tech Sgt R. Bloch, Chief of Operations
Staff Sgt. Frank Long, Fire/Rescue and Medic
Cpl. R. "Bob" Price, Base Security
Cpl. T.E.D. Klein, Aircraft Maintenance
Airman Tommy Ligotti, Motorpool Maintainence
Airman Laura Dunsany, Administrative Assistant
Airman Lynn Carter, Air Traffic Control
Airman Brian Lundy, Groundskeeper
Airman Clark A. Smith, Aircraft Maintenance
Airman Randy Campbell, Fire/Rescue