• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XXIII Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nev the Deranged

First Post
Hm. That mystery game sounds intriguing. And the description has helped me decide what I will likely be running... which I'm tempted to also keep secret...

Hm...

Dfranco83

First Post
Shadowrun - PM Slot

"Ashes to Valkyrie" A Ghost Cartel Stand Alone Adventure

Seattle 2072, in the aftermath of Tempo's introduction. The Scandinavian Vikings have found this time of chaos perfect to honor their past traditions. The raids on Kumon'go warehouses for Tempo have set off another phase of underworld bloodshed along with the Yakuza losing more territories in the midst of Mafia expansion. Your team has been hired to ambush a drug deal, and deliver the stolen merchandise to Mr. Johnson. Everything is set for the perfect ambush and clean getaway. The hard part is what happens next.

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
Save me a morning slot please! I'm still percolating on what I want to run.

Descending Into the Unknown
An Introductory Adventure for HackMaster Basic
6 slots
Afternoon (preferably)

I'd like to run the "High School Deathmatch" game that I was planning on running last GD, this GD - am slot please. I'll see if I can dig up the material from last time - but it should still be somewhere on teh 'netz.

I am interested in running a Shadowrun 4e game in the afternoon slot.
Added, added, added, and... added.

Nev the Deranged

First Post
Hey, ekb, you know there's a game specifically designed to handle exactly what you're going for, right?

Classroom Deathmatch

Now, granted, the ORE is plenty lethal enough to handle the genre. But Atarishi Games makes some interesting stuff, too. Worth checking out, at least.

As for myself, I think I will probably run Lacuna. Unless I decide to run My Life With Master instead. Or maybe Zombie Cinema.

Ninjacat

First Post
Well, foo.

Buzz, it turns out After These Messages isn't being released until September. So maybe I'll be running a "StormBirds" adventure at the last GameDay of '09, but it won't be this time, unfortunately.

However -and this is amusing- I just "won" a different gaming contest, the latest Game Fu challenge on RPGnet. Sure, it's not official or anything, but my entry was well received...to the point I'm going to clean it up and publish it as a cheap PDF; I'll keep y'all informed. :D

SO, I'm changing my morning game, as I feared might happen (if more GMs want to run in the morning, I'm totally willing to drop this one.) It will now be "The Zharovi Gypsies: Curse of the Nightmares", for up to five players, obv. no experience necessary.

BLURBS/SUMMARIES:

AM Slot
Up to Five Players
No Experience Needed
TZG:CotN
The Zharovi Gypsies: Curse of the Nightmares is swashbuckling horror-adventure game in which you play Gypsy Monster-Slayers, fighting to save the land from a curse their mad Queen wrought in her grief. Using a simple mechanic of 3d6, Players will also be able to affect their character's Fate by reading their fortunes. The character creation system is unique, but pre-gens will also be provided. The commoners have never trusted the Gypsies and now blame them for the monsters that stalk the land, but the Zharovi are a noble people and strive to correct their Queen's mistake. Do you care to join them?

This event is a playtest for The Zharovi Gypsies: Curse of the Nightmares. As such, character generation is encouraged, but not required. I'll be attending breakfast this time around, and bringing note cards with me. Anyone who signs up and also makes it to breakfast is more than welcome -in fact, encouraged- to work on their characters with me ahead of time, ask questions before the game starts, etc. The sooner all characters are completed, the more time we'll have to play, after all.

PM Slot
"Nightmare City"
Supernatural, Cortex
Hunting the supernatural is never easy, and sometimes it's pretty strange. This time? It's just downright bizarre. What in the world is happening in the small southern town of Reverie? When a Hunter calls the Roadhouse for backup, no one expected to walk into a situation like this. A situation where...wait....honestly? You have no idea what's going on.....

Nightmare City is a Supernatural event for up to five players, using the Cortex game system in the setting of the CW television show. No experience with the show or the game is necessary, but they could prove helpful. The only thing you really need to know is that the supernatural is real: ghosts, demons, hauntings, possessions...all real. And some of those who know about it fight back. Saving people, Hunting things...

More details are available at my site, here.

Last edited:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I'm happy to run a morning slot Medieval Fantasy Combat Miniatures Game on a Minis table if it turns out there is room, so let me know. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads