• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XXIII Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz

Adventurer
Folks, I've decided that player sign-up will go live the evening of 7/6 (probably 7pm). That gives us a week to get all of the event descriptions. So, if you have not yet done so, please post yours, ASAP.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
I'm making a change to my event. I'm not feeling the vibe for converting the old modules anymore and I think my event would suffer from DM ennui. :D

Here's my new one. A Vyv original:

An Uncanny Child

It's a warm spring day in Moonstair and the town is alive with activity. Merchants mill through town hawking their wares. Dogs bark and lope after their young companions. The baubles in a nearby merchant tent catch the eyes of a few of you as the rest continue your pleasant conversation. It's nice to get away from the road and relax in civilization, even if it's just for a day or two before you decide on a new path. A group of giggling children run by staring in awe at your newly polished arms and armor. One child though, a young teenage girl, runs by alone in fear. Swiftly pursued by the Moonstair Watch, it seems she has been in this situation before. The watch seems ready for her though. With a quick signal the portcullis of the Old Troll Wall slams down and the watch has the young girl cornered. The shocking scene has you off guard. The Monstair Watch rarely has need to pursue anyone, let alone a young girl. As the watch tries to calm her down and catch her she utters a quick arcane incantation and amazingly the watchmen fall to the ground in heaps. What happens next sends townsfolk and merchants alike running and screaming...

An Uncanny Child is a D&D 4th Edition adventure for six 1st-level characters. Pre-generated characters will be provided.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
The Zharovi Gypsies: Curse of the Nightmares

BTW, I hope you run this again in the future. I'd realy like a chance to try this one some GD when you take a break from SPN. I'm sure Laurie will fill me in, she plans to play both of your games this time round.

Ninjacat

First Post
BTW, I hope you run this again in the future. I'd realy like a chance to try this one some GD when you take a break from SPN. I'm sure Laurie will fill me in, she plans to play both of your games this time round.

Well in that case, I shall most certainly have to! I started a playtest session just last night, and I think it went nicely. The presentation of the game in the rulebook still needs some work, clarifications and explaining character creation so it's easier to conceptualize, but I think the game itself works quite well. We'll see how things go from here!

buzz

Adventurer
Okay, waiting on event descriptions for:

Medieval Fantasy Combat Miniatures Game, Mark, big blue minis table
D&D 3.5/d20, Mark, private room

:wags finger:

:)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Okay, waiting on event descriptions for:

Medieval Fantasy Combat Miniatures Game, Mark, big blue minis table
D&D 3.5/d20, Mark, private room

:wags finger:

:)

Yup. Sorry. I'll get those now that my busy week is winding up. I apologize for the delay. :(

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Slot One - Medieval Fantasy Combat Miniatures Games (Simple Rules) 4 players, basic miniatures combat with everything supplied and all rules taught. This game will also be played as part of the official Gencon schedule and they will be as simple or complex at Gencon as determined by the participants. There are some pics from other games of MF CMG here -

Picasa Web Albums - CreativeMountain

I guess the other game is detailed in the second thread post (slightly edited below) -

Slot Two - d20 (D&D-esque) RPG for 7th-level pregen characters (provided at the table) in the private room for five players. Anyone who has played 3.XE D&D will be comfortable with this game. (All simple adjustments in rules will be explained at the table.)

The Lost Temple of Lorensis - Locals around the town of Loren have uncovered an entrance to an ancient temple from the time of the founding of the town. Several people in the town have died under mysterious circumstances. The crime rate is beginning to rise and a madness seems to have settled over the community. True heroes are needed to clear up the trouble and determine if the temple artifacts warrant leaving the temple unsealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads