• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XXIII Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Return to the Slavers Stockade: The Hill Fort
Adapted for use with Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition
Originally written by Harold Johnson with Tom Moldvay

The battle against the slavers continues! You and your fellow adventurers have defeated the slavers of Highport, but you have learned of the existence of another slaver stronghold, and you have decided to continue the attack. But beware! Only the most fearless of adventurers could challenge the slavers on their own ground, and live to tell of it!

This adventure will be run in old-school tournament style.

PLEASE NOTE: New BYOC (bring your own character) rules! You are allowed to bring your own character for this event. To do so you must send me a legal DDi character builder file a minimum of one week before the event (no exceptions). Send the file to vyvbasterd at hotmail.com. Your character is 5th-level and receives 3 magic items (1 of each level 6th, 5th and 4th), 840 gp, and any mundane equipment at no cost. Yes, this means that you need a DDi account or find someone who has one if you want to BYOC. Otherwise, the following 9 pre-gens will be available:

Elwita – Female Dwarf Battlerager Fighter
“Ogre” – Male Human Rageblood Barbarian
Freda – Female Human Archer Ranger
Karraway – Male Human Devoted Cleric
Blodgett – Male Halfling Artful Dodger Rogue
Dread Delgath – Male Human Summoner Wizard
Phanstern – Male Human Illusionist Wizard
Eljayess – Male Half-Elf Avenging Paladin
Kayen Telva – Male Eladrin Ensnaring Swordmage

Edited my event description because, oddly enough, I was sitting here thinking "Did I mention that the characters are 5th-level?" No wonder I haven't been sleeping well! :p

ekb

First Post
Switch of scenario by request: instead of HSDM, I'll be running the CoC classic "PX Poker Night" using Nemesis rules (same ORE basis as Reign, Monsters & Other Childish Things, Wild Talents, Godlike, yadda yadda yadda).
Apparently, storms bring out edits as well as worms.

I've a quick blurb up in the original post, but I'll probably tighten it up a bit before saying it's done. I'm also trying to figure out how to add some of the other attachments that I posted for previous gamedays - EN isn't letting me put up the same file again.

WJMacGuffin

Explorer
Decided against Paranoia--I've run it every time I made it to Gameday, so I'd like to try something different. Can y'all add this to the morning please, if there's still room and we waited long enough?

AM Game
Title: Shock
Game: Shock - Social Science Fiction
# of players: 4

Shock - Social Science Fiction
is an indie rpg game where we create the setting, characters, and plot as part of the game. I cannot tell you much about this event because we will create it together! But here are some details:
- You will play two characters: a hero and a villain (to another player's hero)
- The setting is futuristic but with emphasis on sociology and psychology (less Starship Troopers and more Blade Runner or Gattica)
- It's an indie game, so we're working on story instead of racking up kills

Together, we will create a game setting and plot focused on real-world issues that matter to us. Is politics your thing? That can be in the game. What about education? Childhood innocence? Individual vs. group rights? We'll also explore the science fiction aspects you want. Teleportation? Mind control? Police-state dystopia? It can be in the game if you want it.

Unlike some indie games, we will have a GM (me) to guide the process and make sure we don't spend too much time on the small crap. Space is limited to 4 players because this game can get out of hand with larger groups, so sign up today!

Nev the Deranged

First Post
Hm. I was just coming to post my game details, WJ; but if you're running Shock in the morning and ... something mysterious in the afternoon, I might just spend the day at your table.

On the other hand, I've played a fair bit of Shock, so maybe I should let someone else...

On the gripping hand, it might not suck to have a seat filled by someone familiar with the game.

What say you, WJ?

buzz

Adventurer
Decided against Paranoia--I've run it every time I made it to Gameday, so I'd like to try something different. Can y'all add this to the morning please, if there's still room and we waited long enough?

AM Game
Title: Shock
Game: Shock - Social Science Fiction
# of players: 4
Added!

Hm...

On the other hand...

On the gripping hand...

What say you, WJ?
Stop waffling and post your event already!

buzz

Adventurer
So, would anyone think ill of starting player sign-up on the 5th? It's good from a time-frame perspective, but I don't want to hose anyone who may be out of town.

WJMacGuffin

Explorer
Hm. I was just coming to post my game details, WJ; but if you're running Shock in the morning and ... something mysterious in the afternoon, I might just spend the day at your table.

On the other hand, I've played a fair bit of Shock, so maybe I should let someone else...

On the gripping hand, it might not suck to have a seat filled by someone familiar with the game.

What say you, WJ?
Nev, you're welcome at either and/or both. I've only played Shock once, so help there would be fine. I've actually never run the Mystery Game (oooh!) before, but I'm changing some of the setting and feel more confident running it than Shock. (It's more traditional than Shock from a GM standpoint.) Whatever tickles your fancy. Just don't ask me to do the tickling. :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads