Children of the Gods: The Princess and the Dragon (IC)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
She stands proudly, "Now the dragon will not know of your plan. My name is Allisandra, ranger and daughter of Ehlonna, and I would join with you."

Leaf's attention was caught by the unexpected development stemming from the appearance of the elf girl. Then, the realization of the implication came. My sister!
Leaf will approach Allisandra, and hover over her to see how the situation unfolds.

Dariusknight

First Post
Darius stops when Jhadzia, the woman he was speaking to outside the dress shop, speaks up. He quirks a smile and calls back, "Ah a boon companion..." He raises an eyebrow when the pixie Leaf speaks to him but otherwise says nothing, nodding imperceptibly to him. When Allisandra arrives he decides it's time to see if Mort will put his money where his mouth is and calls out, "So, Lord of Aavenloche, I seem to have gathered some allies... what say you?"

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Mort considers the captive girl, who is said to be a shapechanging spy for the dragon. "You heard the accusations. You'd better think hard on your answers to them," the Lord of Aavenloche says with a subtle but threatening wave of his snake-shaped staff. "Tie her up so she will not escape. We will interrogate her later."

Turning to Darius, Mort smiles. "Dragonslayer, you have convinced me. Allow me to make my speech in a moment and I'll prepare the mission with you. Do you think that a surprise attack today would be better, or should we stick to tradition and present the Princess next week, with a surprise up our sleeve?"

Lucius Mortimer de Vicomte, Lord of Aavenloche, takes the stage and demands the attention of the crowd. The paper with his speech lies crumbled at his feet. "People of Aavenloche, people of the plains, travellers and visitors; I bid you welcome to our annual Festival. As you know, this day marks the anniversary of a ancient treaty, a fiendish bargain with a terrible evil. Every year a Princess is elected from amongst us, to be a symbol of Goodness, a personification of Virtue. An honourable sacrifice to the Dragon, she gives up her life so that we can continue our peaceful existence. For many years and many generations, this dreadful tradition has plagued our life, and none more so than the young women and their families. But this year," and Mort pauses for dramatic effect.

"This year is different. This year, a Princess has volunteered. I present you, Princess Jhadzia!" Allowing the crowd to see and applaud the woman, Mort claps his hands along with the crowd before continuing.

"This year, a Champion has stepped forward. I present you, Darius Dragonslayer!" Once again, Mort allows the crowd to admire their potential savior.

"Yes, this year will be the end of the Dragon, because Darius Dragonslayer, Princess Jhadzia, and their fierce allies are blessed by the Gods, divine blood running through their veins. They will be the instruments of Divine Will, they will be the Children of the Gods, confronting and defeating the unholy evil of the Dragon!"

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: [MENTION=6787159]Skarsgard[/MENTION], are you still with us?

The villagers let out a cheer unlike any heard in the village in a very long time. Only a couple of the eldest villagers refrain from applauding, skepticism outweighing hope in their hearts.

Sebastian keeps up appearances by applauding, but his frown tells Mort that he feels this plan is foolhardy.

Allisandra takes her prisoner to the side of the crowd and waits for Mort and the others. Leaf notices that Allisandra's left eye doesn't move in sync with her right eye. Closer examination reveals that its an expertly crafted glass eye.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Jhadzia

Glowering at Allisandra, Jhadzia leans closer to Mort. "How do we know she it not the shape shifter?"

Looking at the captive girl she asks loudly. "Does this woman have any family here? If she be a shaper changer, then is there a real girl missing somewhere?"

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Mort

Before turning to the prisoner, Mort says to Sebastian, "Don't worry, I know what I'm doing. But to be safe I would like you to organize a watch of some kind to warn the villagers in case of emergency. And could you please bring Profanity to me?" The last question was, of course, about his rat familiar.

When Mort joins Allisandra, Jhadzia and the captive girl, he says plainly, "Allisandra mentioned the lifeless body of one of the missing village girls; the girl whose body this creature allegedly stole. I'm sure Allisandra will take us to the corpse." It is clear that Mort understands Jhadzia's suspicions while at the same time forcing Allisandra to come forward with proof.

Holding his dark staff in two hands, the bottom end slightly off the ground as if ready to use for spellcasting, Mort says to the captive creature, "Have you thought about your response to the accusations made against you?"

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: Apologies for the delay. Had an apartment flood last week. [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6792055]Dariusknight[/MENTION] are you still with us?

Allisandra's voice takes on a strange echoing quality as she releases the captive girl, who meekly sits on the ground, "You are more wise than my father assumed."

She drops her weapon and slowly twists her left hand with her right, removing the magically animated left hand entirely. She then plucks her left eye out, a well made glass eye.

"I am the daughter of Vecna, Lord of Secrets. My father would have me deceive you and I tried...but he underestimated you, as did I. A mistake I do not intend to make a second time. I apologize and offer myself for punishment. This girl," she points to the girl sitting on the ground, "is magically charmed. She will recover in time."

Dariusknight

First Post
OOC: I'm still here, just had nothing to respond to

Darius raises an eyebrow and he almost draws his greatsword, but holds for the moment and turns to raise an eyebrow at Mort. This is his holding anyways. He does however eye Allisandra gimletly.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Jhadzia jumps off the podium and strides over to the one-handed, one-eyed woman until there faces are almost touching.

"To what end do you and your father attempt to decieve us?" she growls. "Are you in league with the serpent that terrorise these people?"

Remove ads