Children of the Gods: The Princess and the Dragon (IC)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Leaf continues watching the situation unfold invisibly, quite disappointed about Allisandra's ancestry and very uncomfortable about her likely voluntary bodily modification.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Mort

Mort frowns as Allisandra reveals her secret; this is not quite what he had expected! Still, if this woman was indeed fathered by the Maimed God, there could be many other secrets still unexposed.

"We are not our parents," Mort says firmly, "We make our own decisions and create our own destiny. I am glad you are honest about who you are and what your goal was. I will see to the charmed girl in a moment."

Looking around at the gathering of allies -- Jhadzia, Darius, Allisandra, and most likely the invisible Leaf -- Mort hesitates but a moment before saying, "I, too, have a confession to make. Not only am I the child of the former Lord of Aavenloche, I am also the son of Wee Jas, the Ruby Goddess.

"We are not just metaphorically the Children of Gods. Therefore I can only conclude that this meeting, as well as our mission to rid the world of a vile Dragon, is sanctioned by the Gods themselves, and we will see it through. I will, naturally, accompany you and I hope Allisandra here will join us."

Mort does not say out loud that he intends to keep an eye on the girl, but it should be obvious to all present. "Now, allow me to ascertain the truth about our prisoner," the Lord adds, moving to the village girl and casting Detect Magic.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Allisandra does not cower or give an inch to Jhadzia, meeting her gaze with her single eye defiantly, "My father wishes to know the dragon's secrets. That is all I was told. The Lord of Secrets does not share his own, not even with his own progeny."

Mort's spell, with a few moments of concentration, does indeed reveal an aura of enchantment, consistent with a charm spell.

Remove ads