Chris Perkins Teases Map Sketches

Tower of Storms is probably in the seafaring book

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I love how he calls them “sketches”. So modest ...

Also, in a subsequent tweet, he commented that the giant crab is really friendly.

That's good. I like random things that are giant, but also friendly. I will name him Snips.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Probably, but I would argue they’re good enough that he doesn’t need to get someone else to do a final version.

They are for sure usable and pleasing looking, but WotC has an aesthetic they are going for. Even if they go more minimalist, as with the Dyson maps in Waterdeep, these aren't quuuuite prime time ready.

Satyrn

First Post
They are for sure usable and pleasing looking, but WotC has an aesthetic they are going for. Even if they go more minimalist, as with the Dyson maps in Waterdeep, these aren't quuuuite prime time ready.

Do you mean Turgenev's maps in Mad Mage? Did Dyson do maps for Dragon Heist? Or something else?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Do you mean Turgenev's maps in Mad Mage? Did Dyson do maps for Dragon Heist? Or something else?

Dyson did the maps for Dragon Heist, Turgenev for Mad Mage. It will be interesting to find out if they stick with that style, go back to hyper-detailed, or something in between.

Personally, I'm rooting for bluescale architectural diagrams.

Remove ads

Remove ads