Christmas Music

When do you want to start hearing Christmas music?

• All year long, mix it in with the other music- I love it.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • November 1st- the turn in weather gets me in the mood (for the music).

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Wait until after Thanksgiving in the USA- That's like Dec 1st for the rest of you.

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Maybe a week

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Christmas Day is enough for me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bah Humbug

Votes: 5 15.6%

aco175

Legend
I like Christmas Music, a bit more than my wife and others that I know, but wanted to get a feel of what people here think. November 1st came and no radio station in my area is playing Christmas music. I'm guessing one will start in a couple weeks and the rest will start to follow soon after than. I know I can play it on other platforms, but like to listen in the car when driving. Just wanted to get an idea on when others like to start hearing it.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
December. I like to mix it up, including classical, folk, rock, electronic/low-fi, and "traditional" (especially Christmas Crooners).

MarkB

Legend
They played the opening bars of Mariah Carey on Radio 2 this afternoon as a tease, and I was immediately struck with both a "Noo, too early!" reaction and simultaneously a need to hear the rest of the song - the worst of both worlds.

Mallus

Legend
After Thanksgiving.

But I only want to hear “Father Christmas“, “Christmas Wrapping”, “Christmas in Hollis”, and “A Fairytale of New York” on repeat.

MGibster

Legend
Thanksgiving in the United States is always celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November which is the 24th this year. I don't want to hear any Christmas music any earlier than Thanksgiving. But after Thanksgiving, let the Christmas music reign supreme. My radio is pretty much tuned into Christmas music starting after Thanksgiving dinner and continuing through December 25.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
December. No more than one month per holiday.

The one exception I make for that is craft stores - people who are hand-making stuff need lead time.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I used to greatly dislike Christmas music, but mostly because there was only a couple dozen standards on repeat for decades. In the last few years I've been getting into non-traditional and/or unusual coverings of standards. A little variety goes a long ways and helped this Grinch's heart grow many sizes larger.

To answer the question, I think sprinkled after American Thanksgiving is good. Heavy rotation for the few days before and on Christmas itself.

Remove ads