• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Christmas shopping have you done yours?

So, I'm just on the edge of getting all my Christmas shopping done. I've found that it's easier for me right now to shop for my son who just turned 7 than it is to shop for my older brother and sister in law. It's also easier to shop for their kid too lol.

Who do you find it hard to shop for?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
We do our gift shopping- Christmas, Hannukah, birthdays, etc.- year round, so when it gets to crunch time, we usually have only a few things to get.

The hardest to shop for in our group are the kids- esp. boys- who are part of the extended family & friends. IOW, kids we don't know well.

delericho

Legend
We've done most of it. The one remaining difficulty are my brother and his wife - we have no idea, they haven't been able to provide any hints, so that's that.

My Dad is usually hard to shop for, as he isn't really interested in accumulating more 'stuff'. Fortunately, this year is something of an exception, so we got his present sorted ages ago.

I'm also told my wife is having problems finding a gift for me. Something tells me that it's a new jacket, but there are difficulties finding ones with actual pockets - there's an annoying trend towards "fake pockets", which is... unhelpful.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
I'm a big fan of delegating this chore - mostly to my wife. ;)

We are mostly done for this year, but both find it harder and harder. One reason is that our age group has mostly settled and many of them care less for material stuff than before, have the capabilities to buy wanted stuff themselves and do so, and are less enthused to try new things.

Your age doesn't manifest itself in your bones only! :.-(

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Nope. My wife's birthday is Dec 11th, so I pretty much use up everything I have on that and then have to somehow find some way to do it all again two weeks later.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
I do Solstice shopping. (Might as well celebrate the original intention of the holiday, and I get to open everything 4 days early).
And usually I've looked around for something good for everyone all year.

Need ideas?
Amazon has toy phaser, communicator, and tricorder packs from Star Trek TOS. If they are geeky at all, they'll love them.
Sees Candy: enough said.
Legos. you can never go wrong with legos. (OK, I suppose you could put the technic sets in a house with an infant who would swallow the pieces, at which point you probably don't want them back...)

Christmas is mostly a kid's holiday. As I have not sired any offspring, I get to be crazy uncle, and not have to deal with the mess, chaos, hyperness, crankiness, or sore feet.
There are exceptions. Sometimes I go with something I saw months ago in the store and know the other person wants, but doesn't want to pay $XXX for.
Online shopping is nice, easy, and fun, and they usually do the shipping for you.

But yes, I have items for everything except my mother, and that's a visit to Lowes or Home Depot. (yes, she's like that--better in a hardware store than a boutique)

Remove ads