• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Chronicles of Eberron Is Keith Baker's New D&D Book, out now!

After a few days of teasing, Eberron creator Keith Baker has announced his new book -- Chronicles of Eberron! By Keith and Imogen Gingell, the 200-page book will be available on DMs Guild in December. Hektula is the Scribe of Sul Khatesh, the Keeper of the Library of Ashtakala, and the Chronicler of the Lords of Dust. Her treasured tomes hold arcane secrets still hidden from human and...

After a few days of teasing, Eberron creator Keith Baker has announced his new book -- Chronicles of Eberron! By Keith and Imogen Gingell, the 200-page book will be available on DMs Guild in December.

Chronicles of Eberron.png

Hektula is the Scribe of Sul Khatesh, the Keeper of the Library of Ashtakala, and the Chronicler of the Lords of Dust. Her treasured tomes hold arcane secrets still hidden from human and dragon alike. What lies beneath the Barren Sea? What powers does Mordain the Fleshweaver wield within Blackroot? Who are the Grim Lords of the Bloodsail Principality? All these secrets and many more can be found in the Chronicles of Eberron…

• Chronicles of Eberron is a new 5E sourcebook from Eberron creator Keith Baker and designer Imogen Gingell.
  • This book explores a diverse range of topics, including lore and advice for both players and DMs, along with new monsters, treasures, spells and character options.
  • Chronicles of Eberron will be available on the DMs Guild as a PDF and print-on-demand.

But that's not all! There is a collaboration with Hero Forge and new T-Shirts!

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 9.50.20 AM.pngKeithBakerPresentsShirts_TwogetherStudios.jpg

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
rocky horror picture show anticipation GIF

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
By lore, beholders are insane. By convention, superheroes are also insane. Ipso fatso, if a beholder saw itself as a superhero, it would need a secret identity. A polyjuice potion would allow it to become the crimefighter it so desperately wanted to be, without anyone being the wiser to its true (beholder) identity! It's a plan that can't fail!

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I am admittedly an unabashed Eberron fan, but from my perspective, Exploring Eberron is probably the single best campaign setting book since the 3e Realms book. You know how people like to complain that setting books today don't have a ton of lore anymore? This is like the direct opposite of that.
To be fair, I always make an exception to that statement for 3pp. It's first party stuff where I believe that complaint applies.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
By lore, beholders are insane. By convention, superheroes are also insane. Ipso fatso, if a beholder saw itself as a superhero, it would need a secret identity. A polyjuice potion would allow it to become the crimefighter it so desperately wanted to be, without anyone being the wiser to its true (beholder) identity! It's a plan that can't fail!
Yes, I hear your cries, "But she's called the Beholder! What kind of secret identity is that?" Well, I'll tell you! Villains will think twice when they think she's an actual beholder; if they're brave enough, they'll load up on anti-beholder gear and try to track her down. Then, when they see her in action, they'll realize she's a human woman, some sort of spellcaster with disintegration and telekinesis and whatnot. Then they'll throw away their anti-beholder gear and try to tackle her with typical supervillain hubris... Only to find themselves actually facing an actual beholder! TAKE THAT, EVIL!

No idea. But you can’t announce that you’re going to announce something. At that point you’ve announced it!

(Edit, ah you edited out the image in your OP before replying, so now my reply makes no sense)
Fie upon you @Morrus, marketers have been announcing announcements for like 10+ years now! In video games it's frequently getting to the point where we have an announcement of an announcement of an announcement. Sometimes there are trailers for the announcements of announcements (usually super-irritating using solely already-released footage or footage of a previous game!).

ChaosOS

Legend
On the discord there's already been some work done sussing out what this is; at PAXU a year ago he announced Project Chronicle, a collation and expansion of a bunch of Keith's blog articles. It's also been confirmed that this book is NOT Frontiers of Eberron: Threshold. We don't know what articles will be in this "Project Chronicle", but we know there's going to be mechanical support to a bunch of pieces that were pitched as just "Here's the lore" in article form; one I remember for that was an article about Avassh, a plant-themed Daelkyr.

darjr

I crit!
Another night and we’re still here, so here’s another ancient #Eberron outtake! The Order of the Emerald Claw began as the Ebon Skull; this still lingers in the final setting as the Order of the Onyx Skull, my go-to for Blood of Vol adventurers. #dnd

Attachments

• 1668823379381.png
    1668823379381.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 46

Remove ads

Remove ads