Church of Bones, Prague

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I say cool and creep. As a matter of fact I want to build one in my backyard. Do you think I can get away with it? ;)

crystal

First Post
you know that place would scare tha crud outta me... :eek: ...You wont ever catch me there....My main fear is what if tha ghost of them people dont like bieng displayed in such manner. And they like try to slap me or something....That would suck...... :uhoh:

journeyman321

Villager
It's both cool and creepy, but it creeps me out more. Its intricate bone sculptures showcase impressive anatomical art, yet the unsettling context of being surrounded by skeletal remains in a dim chapel basement could certainly induce unease. This strange site blurs the lines between art and horror with its impressive craftsmanship created from disturbing materials. While some may find it too macabre, others appreciate its creative memorialization of human transience. In summary, it presents a fascinating blend of cool artistic merit and creepy subject matter that makes it a truly unusual place straddling both reactions.

MGibster

Legend
Cool or creepy?
Why not both? It is sometimes interesting to look back on the past and see how morbid people could be by our standards. Momento mori were fairly popular in Europe and the United States which is why some of our older grave yards look metal AF. Then we have the practice of photographing the dead that was fairly popular in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. When John Dillinger was gunned down, passerbys stopped to sop up his blood in their handkerchiefs to keep as souvenirs.
I suspect it has something to do with how common death really was in everyone's life throughout much of our history. It's only recently that parents could reliably count on all their children surviving childhood and I know people in their 40s who have never lost a close relative to death.

Remove ads